Sooo every level is meaningful

There is also the stuff about the new pre-order tiered packages. Much like Korean cash grab titles.
The lack of a new class.
The lack of content. And stuff being locked to factions.

Those are some of what have been in negative feedback. And I’ve seen mostly negative stuff so far. But, they still havnt announced everything, so hoping next panel reveals more so people can get hype.

1 Like

A new Class not being available, I could forgive to be honest. But they need to give us the ability to redo our spells and abilities based on the groups we are affiliated with. I am interested in the Expansion, but I need more to justify a preorder. I also hope we hear what the deal is on time-gating going forward.

Necrolord Demonology Warlock = Necromancer etc.
Bastion Shadow Priest = Holy Priest DPSer?

So pretty much another day in forums of people assuming nothing but the worse.

1 Like

I would save the money on a pre-order, this has the same dog pile smell of BFA and WoD to it.

4 Likes

You know, really the online Blizzcon should be free. You are using it to get people excited to BUY your games but you lock out so many by charging to see your advertisements? M’kay.

4 Likes

Please tell me they’re not throwing a decade of design under the bus for nostalgia.

I really hope that’s not the case.

3 Likes

Like I said. I’ll watch and wait. There’s a lot of neat things in the Epic Version that I like. But I need to know first and foremost if I’ll be able to enjoy them long-term. If the Expansion is a polished turd…

To quote Ra-Den:

“I do not believe they can correct this doomed course, but they have earned the right to try.”

2 Likes

There’s loads of guys on twitch re-streaming , i’m just watching those for now, 0 chance i’m giving Blizzard $50 to watch ads for games i’ll have to pay for anyway.

Just scroll down and look for the streams with all the same thumbnail.

yes and no. It was great for pvp. launch a low rank frostbolt to get the snare with an extremely fast cast, then send the full power spell for damage, using a rank 1/rank2 blizzard to pull rogues out of stealth with layering

No more IL scaling would be the cats behind

1 Like

I don’t think its a level squish so much as a scaling move. Timewalking proves they can scale our characters to whatever leveling is required. Makes sense that Shadowlands content scales us down to 50 > 60, but outside Shadowlands content we’d be back at 120, since the rest of the world scales up to 120.

Takes far less work than redoing the entire world for lower level characters. I’m just curious if new Covenant-tied abilities / talents will be disabled once we’re out of Shadowlands content. Or even worse, if all the new abilities / talents are tied to a new HoA-type item that we use in Shadowlands and doesn’t affect outside content.

Does this mean we won’t be able to solo old content now? Because that’s not exciting.

1 Like

Soloing old content is big thing and they know it. They will make sure it’s still thing.

1 Like

I hope not, I’d rather not inflict self harm

5 Likes

You want to see a grown man throw a tantrum? lol

3 Likes

My wish is granted! Woo!

The way Ion explained it is any expansion is 50 levels worth of content currently. So you make your toon and go to Azeroth, or Northrend, or Broken Isles. And spend 50 levels of quests there essentially to get you ready for Shadowlands.

The specific thing Ion said is “make your toon, level to 50 in Pandaria and go straight to Shadowlands”

1 Like

Interesting turn of events. Don’t know how solo raids will work and if you want Loremaster going to need like 7 alts?

“Buy Shadowlands to hit levels you hit years ago.”

That isn’t meaningful. It completely diminishes levels into irrelevancy, like the stat squishes did with gear, dps and health.

4 Likes

Same with transmogs from quests or patterns that unlock crafts. You would need a huge amount of alts, unless you enjoy doing quests at max level when they are grey.

Not sure why they had to make leveling even faster, but I guess I am in a minority here. Does nobody here enjoy playing through all the expansions with a single char, unlocking all the crafts, transmogs and lore?

1 Like