Soon casual bgs will be dead

Keep putting players with 28k up against rivals and watch the participants plummet

60 Likes

Skirmish and BGs are rough. Basically, you hope your team has at least 5 gladiators on your side.

As for skirmish, I get slaughtered

11 Likes

PARTYSYNC into 51-59

3 Likes

Or just get gear yourself. Oh, but that would take a bit of effort, though. Never mind.

3 Likes

its really bad but yeah, like even 1 person thats half decent can sway the battle, like im dumpster at PVP but know atleast how/who to target and what/wehn to use it, and i can just decimate people and chew through low level players like its nothing.

This funny enough is the best option.

4 Likes

random bgs should be about having fun without having to be fully geared to enjoy them, i never minded having less ilvl than someone who actviely do rated pvp activities, but shadowlands garbage gearing system is awfull and is one of the reasons so many people unsubbed

51 Likes

Random BGs should just be LFR of PvP, and like LFR bosses the opponents should be capped at what gear random BGs give. I saw this post on Reddit the other day. People just want to fool around in BGs without much commitment. The game desperately needs quick match mode with minimum barrier of entry.

Like, remove all lower upgrade tiers and leave just the last one or two, to give some gear progression, cap the item level on top, and let people have fun.

16 Likes

i just dinged my blood DK to 60. gonna hop into some random BGs for the weekly. I cant wait to see how it goes after normally playing as a 227 brewmaster.

Rated pvp means:

• installing and learning extra addons (gladius, sarena, omnibar, gladiatorlos, etc)

• learning every class and specs major cooldowns and abilities

• becoming good at positioning in arenas

• finding a committed partner who won’t quit on you sometime down the line

• the necessity of playing on voice to be good (if you’re a beginner)

• or go through new partners constantly and sit in LFG, which is a pain because you can’t really do anything else unless you make your own listing

All of this when all people want to do is hit a button and PVP. No barrier to entry, no hassle PVP.

These are just a few of the reasons why someone might not want to go through the stress and hassle of doing rated PVP. Arenas and random bgs are two very different things. IMO, rated PVP shouldn’t be required for having fun in random bgs.

61 Likes

dying isnt permanent in wow though and neither is it permanent in casual battlegrounds why is everyone losing their mind about dying in a battleground when its mostly harmless

1 Like

This has always been the kicker for me. I’ve just never had a steady partner to que with weekly. No person to really build synergy with id literally play with someone who just started playing yesterday. So i tend to yolo or lfg 2s for cap. The amount of time i spend in lfg for rbgs is sad esp on my lock (222 ilvl) games just arent there. Its not that i cant play i just cant sit in que for hours to get a game in for the group to break up after 1 game. So i do the minimum and que randoms the rest of the time.

3 Likes

requiring rated pvp to do random casual bgs is dumb design

49 Likes

For what it’s worth, I got bored today and ran a bunch of keys on my Hunter. At 37k HP it doesn’t feel too terrible doing BGs–and was like a day’s worth of effort to get there.

It’s almost like whoever makes decisions at WoW decided to burn PVP to the ground on their way out.

19 Likes

Hate to admit it but I quit the pvp side of things after the patch, casual is simply not fun. I think blizz misplaced the memo on why its called a game :frowning:

5 Likes

It’s like requiring a mythic raid clear to do LFR.

25 Likes

Not necessary, but they are very helpful, and this is not something unique to rated. All aspects of the game have addons that are “Not necessary, but very helpful” whether it’s world quests, pet battles or random battlegrounds (BGE, HHTD, Capping, etc.)

This is just getting good at the game. You need to do these things to enjoy any sort of PvP content unless your idea of enjoyment is just aimlessly running around not knowing what’s happening.

Once again, not necessary but helpful. It’s also something that happens naturally by just playing the game. I’d also say arena makes it easier to find people to play with in the future due to the smaller group sizes. I’ve added plenty of people to btag after playing arena with them; don’t think I’ve ever added someone after a random bg.

Not necessary at all. Very few people require voice at low-mid tier ratings.

I’ll give you this, though. The LFG tool itself is very bad and has needed a rework for a long time.

Why do they just normalize gear in random BGs and then in arena have gear work like it is now…

4 Likes

If anything it should be the other way around. Rated is supposed to be the “competitive” mode, so an even playing field would make more sense there. Random bg’s are like the sandbox anything goes mode, hence being able to use all sorts of consumables and items you wouldn’t be able to use in rated.

2 Likes

It’s already done… completely dead.

Perfect example, this week’s TM vs. SS brawl.

This used to be an event that due to the easy honor and conquest (for wins) farm would be active 24/7 for the entire week.

I’ve spent the last couple of days in the overnight and early morning hours sitting in queue for 20 to 30 minutes (!) on the Alliance side and getting no bgs to pop. This has NEVER happened before during TM/SS week, it used to be very active, always.

This game is dead, they ruined PvP and more and more players, especially casuals are looking to other games for their entertainment and fun. Cause it sure as hell isn’t here with Warcraft anymore.

24 Likes