Song of Chi-Ji relocation

Moving Song into the class tree is a great move and has the potential to give all monk specs more utility in all forms of content. Freeing up a talent point on the Mistweaver spec tree also feels good for those who liked having Song (mostly PVPers I imagine), but also have other valuable options for that talent point.

However, placing it on a choice node with Ring of Peace, arguably the monk’s most iconic ability, basically kills the talent, as it is not a realistic choice. Ring of Peace will be the correct/optimal choice in almost all situations and forms of content. This makes a potentially great change for all monks feel like a huge nerf to Mistweaver (specifically PVPers).

My suggestion would be to remove Hasty Provocation, making that once again a baseline component of the monk taunt and then placing Song of Chi-Ji on its own talent node, rearranging placement and connectors as needed. Maybe it should be more difficult to get BOTH Song and Ring, but it’s been one of the best aspects of playing Mistweaver in PVP this season. Few things have felt as good as a Mistweaver in arena as sending a Song from downtown and then knocking someone into it’s path.

I’m targeting Hasty Provocation specifically for this suggestion because it is something I miss terribly but I can’t justify spending a talent point on it. I would guess that it is very underutilized, and having it made baseline as part of taunt again would hardly be game-breaking.

7 Likes

Yep basically. If it had been put somewhere else or just straight added it would have been a great change

This never made sense to me them moving it off baseline and making it some kind of choice, I don’t know any spec or build that even uses this.

1 Like

Yeah they could put chi ji where hasty provocation is, baseline hasty provocation, and while They’re at it … make Windwalking 1 point … and make it 10% for the monk 5% for the party or something …

3 Likes

Song / ring on the same node or leg sweep and paralyze effected by the CC duration nerfs coming, take your pick.

Sucks tbh.

Wait what? You’re being facetious here right?

Maybe I worded it poorly.

Monks leg sweep and paralyze are not listed as being effected by the game wide CC reduction. It’s my opinion / speculation that rop and song being bundled together while leg sweep and paralyze durations we’re left alone was not a coincidence. If we were to have blizzard relent via letting all monk specs get song and rop, they would also in turn end up nerfing leg sweep or paralyze durations.

1 Like

I just feel the blizz devs hate monks honestly

1 Like

Yeah that too

People are all over these forums saying crap like this having no idea how dumb this sounds. They probably have a team for class design and everyone collaborates. That’s how modern software development works.

Crap like
“There’s no monk dev” or “blizzard hates monks”

Just shows that you are way too overly emotional about all of this

I’m honestly really sick of seeing your BS polluting the crap out of this forum. Take a break if you hate everything about this game so much.

It’s really not as bad as you’re making it out to be

There are things that could be better for sure. But believe it or not it’s possible to remain respectful and express your opinion at the same time.

1 Like

If that was the case things wouldn’t be inconsistent across all classes and specs.
Some specs/classes were built with very good synergy and design while others like monks and druids have some major flaws in their layouts.

dead last in all aspects of raiding yeah seems like things are going real well.
Monks going brewmaster over windwalker in awc seems real great too.

Yet this company don’t respect it’s playerbase at all or else the game wouldn’t have the countless bugs we currently have due to an expansion that was released before it was ready to meet a holiday sales season.

The devs don’t respect us as players, especially when windwalkers are constantly asking for faeline to be removed and turn around and double down on it.

This is the same company that like to say “you do but you don’t” and “do you not have phones?”

Have already done it before and most likely will do it again.

That’s nice, I don’t really care.

Agreed, using rop to knock people that trinket back into song is very satisfying. It’s important for their to be distinct choice within nodes but when they’re two iconic abilities, that can have synergy with one another, it just takes away from the skill ceiling and fun. RoP has so many different uses, it should just be baseline imo.

1 Like

Yeah. I honestly can’t think of a time I’d ever choose song over rop … but I would love to have song … it’s a great ability that hasn’t really ever been a realistic choice.

1 Like