Son of the wolf retconned

“The Light will triumph over The Shadow” has been removed from Velens dialog. Now setting up the end of the comic with an unclear threat / villain.

5 Likes

If I had the guess the threat is probably the expansion that involves it becoming a bad fan fiction like BFA.

7 Likes

Why bother establishing anything if you’re just gonna highlight/delete later?

I used to feel bad I wasn’t into lore much, but now I feel less terrible about it.

18 Likes

I think part of it is because the lore team needs to keep things open-ended so that the game can continue to roll out expansions. Also they probably decided to set up the Light as an evil force in the form of the Light Mother and Yrel, so it’s possible that’s going to be a future expansion or major plot point. I still don’t know why they did this though lmao

4 Likes

The devs: Can we?
Us: Should you?

9 Likes

Nice transmog you got there. :kiss:

4 Likes

I legit had to double take when I saw you in another thread lol.

1 Like

Yeah it seems really inconsequential and I’d rather have a Velen who is faced with a shocking revelation that the Light can be just as corrupting as the Void rather than to retcon in completely. It makes for more interesting character development.

4 Likes

Yo. I would read the heck out of something like that. I’m not just trying to be nice (well, I am but I’m also being honest).

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the book “Villains By Necessity”.

So the idea of the Light getting too powerful to the point of being an oppressive force…

…sign me up. My darker characters and druid will be ready to bring balance back to the world.

4 Likes

To make something cool

If it conflicts with something else you wanna do, you go rewrite bits to get things clicking again

It’s fine

Constantly rehashing your story because you don’t like the rules gets really, really tiresome from the reader’s perspective. It feels lazy. Instead of working with established lore, they just go “Eh, we’d rather write this, we’ll just put a line through older stuff and pretend it never happened!”

6 Likes

Protip. The lore ended with wotlk. After Arthas there’s basically no real lore in wow to speak of. It’s basically anything goes. Just throw darts on a wall with a bunch of broken plot lines and hope for the best.

9 Likes

So, basically, we are going to have a 70-year timeskip that makes Anduin elderly and nobody is going to like it. Cool. Great. I should just quit now.

5 Likes

Infinite Dragonflight modded the comic and stole my lunch money.

4 Likes

But Anduin is in the shadowlands. Turalyon has to be temp king when he’s stuck there

light was cancelled on twitter? Did light touched someone?

Is he in the Shadowlands? I seem to recall something about it but my memory is hazy.

You can’t retcon something that hasn’t happened yet. I swear you people just throw around words and have no idea what they mean.

It is possible something happened that has changed the outcome of that comic slightly. Which is pretty dang cool.

4 Likes

Cool in theory. If they’re changing it now, I see it as an implication that whatever happens after Shadowlands will lead into the plot of Son of the Wolf, meaning there will be a massive time skip.

Time skips, time travel, etc is the quickest way to make lore fans feel more detached from the game than you want.

3 Likes