Something was changed on HH mount drop. We've gotten 6 in guild this morning

We did 4 back to back runs and total of 4 mounts dropped. We did FoS for daily and then all queue into HH event. Back to back all these runs for all our alts and mains.

First run - 1 guy gets it.
Second run - same guy gets it on his alt.
Third run - zero.
Forth run - 2 people get it. (I’m one of them woohoo)

Since then, we’ve had other guildies run and 2 more people got it today.

They have definitely buffed the drop significantly it seems. The odds are of 6 guildies getting it all in 1 day is …like…what? They must have buffed it.

Go get it champs!

They didn’t, you just got lucky. I just cleared my 4th run, got 2 magic brooms on 2 separate characters, 20 tricky treats on the 3rd, and literally nothing on the 4th

other people getting good loot= something wrong

Not just “other” people. Me as well.

After killing anzu nearly 300 times to get mount, and after doing daily quest for White Polar Bear for over 200 times, the idea of me getting something like HH mount is absolutely unheard of.

I literally have the worst luck. Even on 2 of my main toons, tank and healer, who have done over 500 dungeons each (=500 lootboxes), I never got anything of value. Just a few cats and cockroaches. Meanwhile tons of folks got anzus and Chargers, even duplicates in the first couple of weeks of Wrath.

Im just saying…The odds of seeing 6 mounts drop in 1 day is like an impossible thing. idk

Or we are just SUPER lucky.,

The same guy that got 2 mounts also go Battered Hilt xD

That probably was the whole quota for all of wrath for that day…lol.

They 100% buffed the drop rate, feels like it is around 5% now and I remember it being no more than 1% before. I got mine in 3 runs.

they upped the chance from the bags. Significantly

Yes let’s give everyone account wide access to mounts and let’s let the same people open soulbound bags that gives them mounts they won’t need anymore… legit…

Bro, I went to kill mammoths :mammoth: in the valley the other night for the jc daily… complete quest and my hearth is on CD, also haven’t played since Uld so returners luck.

I goto the white polar bear quest to kill time on my hearth. Smack a few lazy miners in the domepiece and then proceed to get the mount :slight_smile:

Today ob my 3rd hh run, did one before reset yesterday morning, I got my hh mount.

I think since they updated the mount page in the game they might have upped some drop rates so we actually have better use for the new tool.

sounds cool to me actually

great, so now the HH mount is just another mount that goes in the collection tab. why is blizzard so obsessed with stripping items of their rarity?

As someone who did over 500 Headless Horseman kills during TBC to get the mount for myself and a friend, I hope that the droprate has been increased. I think that having drops that are both rare and time-limited is incredibly lame.
Anecdote: I saw someone get the mount today.

2 Likes

Is there a source on this?

I did get mine in ny first run so maybe.

Not sure where to find the specific patch note but someone referenced a change in Wrath’s 2nd HH event where the drop chance was increased, then dropped again come cata. Let me see if I can find it

edit: Can’t find any specific patch note but this is a MMOchamp thread from 2010 when they changed the event to RDF and got a loot bag instead of a boss drop, everyone corroborating an increase, believed to be from the idea that the loot bag is worth 5 attempts but again just a guess.

https ://www. mmo-champion. com/threads/777961-So-what-are-your-chances-of-actually-GETTING-the-Headless-Horseman-s-Reins/page3

What seems true is that the chance to drop is definitely higher.

I can somewhat corroborate this. I got two of the mounts today.

2 Likes

Significantly. Me and a buddy both got it in the same run. 2 other guildies got it on their first run as well. All the people saying “nah u just got lucky” are clueless.

1 Like

would you really ride it if everyone had it?

This is the same patch it was buffed in original Wrath.

bruh this better not be patched yet i want that b

everyone had an amani war bear, I still used it because my bear wears a helmet why wouldn’t I ride it?

1 Like