Something off the walls expansion idea

I think originality ended with Legion, story-wise. What would be something completely different?
What if we awakened on an alien spacecraft, where aggro was based on line of sight instead of proximity? We would constantly have to sneak carefully, finding objects to hide behind as bands of vicious aliens roamed around.
And there would be no quest-givers explaining everything one needed to do to fix the problem: there would just be mysterious puzzles to solve.

Another idea is about surviving nerubians wanting to expand their domain, recreate the glory days of the empire by burrowing under the other continents, causing a capital city or two to collapse into a cavern, creating a topsy-turvy place covered in webs to crawl through-no flying because there’ll be sticky webs everywhere so one can walk on walls and ceilings. And the nerubians go real dark with a new religious revival and do unspeakable things to surface dwellers. I don’t think Blizz has explored body horror that well.

Underground will probably happen since we are running out of island space

I do not think we want them to do off the rails. Shadowlands was off the rails and certainly original for the franchise in its designs… and I do not think anyone wants another Shadowlands.

That said, I have always wanted a void expansion to go to the Ethereal homeworld of K’aresh. That’s a world we have known of since BC, so it isnt out of the blue, but still lets them do some weird stuff as it is an alien world.

I am also very much expecting them to do something with the other side of Azeroth, as it effectively lets them add a second world map to the world. As it is a total blank slate that the Titans seemingly never really did much with they can do some really wacky stuff.

1 Like