Something is wrong with warriors

If it is single roll, that should be impossible unless there was separate categories block/crit and block/hit.

2 Likes

Exactly!

But apparently I assassinated JFK, that makes meā€¦ uh, really old, yet I feel so fit!

And there very clearly is.

Edit: For clarification. For yellow attacks.

1 Like

Iā€™d be curious if raptor strike and mongoose strike follow the same pattern.

That would be an interesting test. Might be hard to catch logs of that though since hunterā€™s arnt known for bonking things from the front.

One thing I forgot to add was that herioc strike canā€™t use the same table as white hits since it doesnā€™t have glancing blows. It would have to use its own separate table if it indeed was 1 roll.

3 Likes

Good catch. I would have to spend more time than i have right now looking into that to figure that one out.

But from just a cursory glance there is a ~6% crit discrepancy.

1 Like

Oh good catch, maybe warriors have a special treatment situation on HS, but maybe not, it may be 2 rolls.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/R94YjM381BrhnCaF#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=29

Looking at this warriors tank parse againā€¦

Have a look at his max possible hit rating at 6% based on his gear. I think this boy is crit capped.

Heā€™s got all the good buffs, and so his lack of hit is pushing his auto attack crit rate down for auto swings demonstrating how valuable hit actually is if you WB.

Have a look at his HS crit rate when modified for avoidance @ 35.99% Crit.

Then factor in his horrible crit rate vs his hit cap, 27.3% crit on auto swings makes perfect sense because heā€™s DW most of the time.

Since nost? Then you never played vanilla.

1 Like

It actually works out, have a look. Heā€™s crit capped, his WBā€™s are pushing him over his crit cap for auto swings, but since you cant crit cap special attacks as easily, heā€™s seeing better crit rates on his specials like Heroic strike.

=)

Double roll!

1 Like

Its very convenient that mr.know-it-all is now suddenly absent from this thread.

3 Likes

And this is why parse data is so awesome because we can dismantle the game mechanics to learn from them!

This reminds me of that :clown_face: that said world buffs and flasks could be dispelled and was set on it, then left in shame, but never accepted being wrong.

2 Likes

I remember that.

1 Like

what has my thread turned into

you can dispell DM buffs and songflower, so some world buffs at least.

A mechanical discussion.

Imagine being a rogue and complaining about PvP in Classic. It took 5 phases before warriors got enough gear to outscale every PvP disadvantage inherent to the class as it tries to fight literally anything else. It only gets better for us in phase 6. Feed me more delicious rogue tears; the mages are next.

You are aware that yellow hits canā€™t glance, right? Thatā€™s why the crit cap for yellow attacks is pretty much unreachable. Youā€™d need 40% extra crit to cap yellow attacks against level 63 mobs, assuming exactly 6% hit and 305 weapon skill.

And that is ignoring the dual wield penalty, which adds a huge miss chance to the top of the table and pushes most regular white hits off.

I donā€™t see glancing blows on special attacks ever, at least I have never in any logs. If you do please show me them, I only see glancing attack on auto swings. By ā€œyellowā€ I assume you are talking about the same as we are, special attacks.