Some thoughts on the state of WW

I feel like WW needs to get a rework like ret. Trust I’ve mained monk always. It just feels so stagnant nowadays. Even after the talent revamp we’re still using a cookie cutter build thats pretty much the same as SL.

WW getting soothing mist, I thought, was going to be amazing till how absolutely HORRIBLE our healing scaled. 15k non crit and 25k crit. Its literally a manual HoT thats feels horrible. I dont expect insane heals but that was how our class worked. The healing made up for lack of defenses same as enh shaman. When that goes in the hole it just feels bad.

A lot of talents for ww and monk in general are just bad. All the statues on the last talent nodes are complete trash. Most of the problems with them are that they are just super undertuned and feel like they dont anything. I used to take eye of the tiger in legion all the time just to have a dot on people so they couldnt drop combat so easily. Turbo fists in pvp should just be baseline i think people forgot if you dont take it Your FoF does crap damage.

For a long time now so many people have said how they wanted tiger’s eye brew back to what it was before. Felt like you had so much control on the damage output you had and ya building max stacks would take a bit but, the all in would be worth it. Tornado kicks was another I wish they would’ve brought back. I just think the TK into WDP animation would just look cool.

Big thing too is our defensives. I do like the buff to ToK it was much needed. It feels horrible when you use your main defensive and the team just blows it up and reverses or dispels the damage. If the dot damage was just instant or was over like 3-4 sec I would be happy. Dont need 100%hp going back and oneshotting the opponent necessarily. Fort brew is an absolute meme of a talent 6min cd is pretty rediculous when there are better defensives on 1min to 1.5 min cd.

All in all though i just feel like other classes in general get cool new moves that do well in game and we just get recycled moves with static damage buffs on our tier sets. Feels pretty boring. I do okay with how WW is now im not complaining about damage or want my spec to be broke. I just want it to feel fresh and new a bit not same build new xpac.

6 Likes

I don’t know if we’re allowed to make development/suggestion posts anymore as per Blizz’s forum rules of making similar posts to locked threads a bannable offense. Seeing as they locked the big thread of monk suggestions, I don’t know if this one will go under the radar. Jokes (hopefully) aside, WW does need some work done.

The talent trees are full of bloat and filler. The WW talent tree is salvageable, but crippled by nerfs and Blizz’s vision or lack thereof for WW.

Karma should honestly just borrow code from Blessing of Sacrifice or Intervene to make the damage connect. It should either be 100% health again, or should have Good Karma back, or have its CD reduced because as it stands we have a defensive that was nerfed in half then nerfed again by 30%.

Blizz could probably just fuse Fort Brew and Dampen Harm on the main monk class tree, and make a Fort Brew with 2 charges and 2 min CD.

6 Likes

While I completely agree with this idea… this is in their forum “rules”

Petition posts are frowned upon.

These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

So be careful, as some of us have had multiple posts deleted…

2 Likes