Some questions about classic wow

I just have some questions I would like to ask…

1-Does classic really mean classic? As in no Draenei, no blood elves, no Pandas etc.

2-Will your toons be fully unique, no achievement points, nothing, just the original quests and that’s it?

3-In what ways will classic wow differ from actual vanilla wow?

1 Like

its going to be authentic 1.12 with a few changes that some are up in arms about

definitely no playable blood elves, pandas, demon hunters etc…

nothing transfers from the retail game, achievements didnt exist back then and wont now

question three is asking a lot, it will be different in many ways

3 Likes
  1. There were no Draeni, Blood Elves, Pandas in classic so why would that change?

2. There is no information about this but vanilla had no achievements so most people will be expecting the same.

3. We don’t have enough information about this yet.

There is a hard no from BlizzCon. There won’t be achievements.

5 Likes

Yes. The general consensus from Blizzard, which was given to them by the Classic community, is that Classic will be as close to vanilla as possible.

Any gameplay feature introduced in a later expansion is 100% off the table. That includes new professions, races, classes, zones, etc… Those will absolutely not be in Classic.

Not sure what you mean by unique, but no there will not be achievements. And there will not be any quests that didn’t exist in vanilla. You will not be able to play your retail characters in Classic.

It will pretty much be the same. Stuff which has been added includes:

• bnet integration
  • Colorblind mode
  • Updated resolutions
  • Updated back-end server tech
  • Bug fixes
  • Possibly some sharding around launch time
  • Probably some form of loot trading
  • Variation on content release
  • Starting out with 1.12 class balance, talents and quests

And that’s pretty much it.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks not after wall of text though just short to the point twitter style

Lol seriously?

4 Likes

Yes. As far as races, classes, and class/race combos… Nothing that was not in Vanilla in that regard will be in Classic.

They have stated that each character will be unique, with no account-wide anything, and no connection to your BfA characters.

Many.

Classic is going to be running on the modern engine with an offshoot of the 7.3.5 (Legion) client. It will have right-click reporting, most likely sharding during the busy launch window, color-blind mode, no wall-walking with the new anti-cheat, content will be released at different intervals, battle net integration (so xfaction communication will be possible), a base of 1.12 talents and abilities to start, possibly some adjustments there. Loot trading (2-hr window to trade loot with others in group) is being implemented to reduce CS ticket load.

So, Classic is going to be kind of an updated Vanilla, or a “Vanilla with sprinkles” as the nochanges crowd is so fond of saying.

They have so far said no to things like balance changes, etc. We will see how that shakes out.

They have said no to things like LFD/LFR, they have even talked about possibly breaking any group forming addons that may pop up (like oQueue), but we’ll have to see about that.

Classic will also be on the same subscription as the rest of WoW.

1 Like

Kids these days…

2 Likes

“I know I asked for what seemed to be detailed information but please don’t cause me to take more than 10 seconds to read or understand what you wrote.”

you probably wont like classic… just sayin’

9 Likes

I do apologize if I was rude, but all I wanted to know was A: No Pandas/no Draenei (yes or no), if there will be achieves (yes or no) and if battletag/real ID will be connected to classic (yes or no).

I actually like the fact that the quests in classic won’t be easy and look forward to night time again.

why would you even need to ask? the answer to all of that is obvious, and blizzard has already answered all of those. a little research on your own end or clicking the very obvious link at the top of the page would have told you the answers. instead, you feel the need to be special, create your own thread to ask, despite the answer already being there for you.

3 Likes

Oh my sweet summer child

1 Like

I had no idea you were a fan of the game Mr. President.

3 Likes

Blizzard has a habit of using spin and double talk, not getting to the point quickly enough is all.

1 Like

Legit lol!

1 Like

You mean how in BlizzCon when ion straight up answered every question you asked?

4 Likes

No Draenei in Classic. I’ll have to hang around and see if Blizzard re-releases BC, WotLK, or Cata. Preferably Cataclysm or Wrath. The whole problem with expansions (especially for long time players), was we all learned “Blizzard giveth, and Blizzard taketh away” which now has the added factor of “and Activision messes with it even more.” We had to learn a new word, “solastalgia” to describe how we felt with each expansion - a kind of homesickness for the way things were as the world around us changed even though we hadn’t gone anywhere. Blizzard should have chosen to re-deploy the expansion that had the highest all-time subscriber count. I really don’t know why they thought WoW Classic could make a profit anymore than if they made a version of Orcs & Humans that would run on Windows 10.
Will players in the new WoW-Classic have to go buy wood and flint and tinder and use the wood up to make fires to do cooking? Do players remember what a hassle it was to fill up bag slots with bullets or arrows? I can see newbie Night Elves asking “But how do I get to Stormwind? Where’s the boat?” Stormwind was not yet a harbor. There was no boat to Stormwind. I think I recall swimming along the coast from Menethil Harbor to eventually come ashore in Westfall. I don’t recall how i got to Menethil Harbor - maybe that’s where the boat went to.
Have fun in Classic though.

1 Like

Because there are far more people playing vanilla pservers than bc. We want vanilla.