Some player creates a fresh 120 and dominates in Arena

This guy creates a fresh 120 and shows that gear isn’t what matters

2 Likes

Gear for a warrior may not matter but it matters that you get paired with high rated druids?

He paired with a 1700 CR resto druid when fighting a 1k CR DH and a 1.5k mage and paired with a 2k CR feral druid against a team with a 1.6k and 1.9k rank. In the 2 places where it showed the scoreboard that’s who he’s paired with.

I doubt he carried anyone.

8 Likes

So he creates a fresh geared toon and wins against some similarly undergeared double dps teams (did you see that one warlocks health?).

So the only game that really showed some skill was against the rdruid/monk (still not that geared). An actually somewhat close game. In the 1800s. A rank one blizzcon finalist had a close game in the 1800s. In 2s.

Now you’re saying that if he had cut of death and some gear he wouldn’t have murdered those fools? He gets randoms to 2.1k as double dps let along a healer on a geared toon. Now put him on that warrior in 3s and I bet it goes even worse.

Thanks for proving absolutely nothing I guess?

16 Likes

Pretty much this. He killed a bunch of noobs in the 1v2 bracket.

Also a quick armory search shows him going 14 of 21. Meaning he showed all of his wins at the bottom of the bracket and started losing when his mmr hit 1900.

12 Likes

You’re welcome to go into BFA PvP with no gear and see what happens…

Also, did you call Pikaboo “some player”? He’s one of the best PvPers in the world.

10 Likes

I mean DK warrior comps were literally crushing me in 2’s, 2 or 3 seconds in bear form with frenzied regen with maybe 1 or 2 hots. One stun, and I was dead. You can’t get away anymore… so i quit.

1 Like

possibly the best player in the world beats noobs who are under geared themselves

news at 11

9 Likes

395 vs 420 is similarly geared?

3 Likes

Finally someone does this on a class where people can’t say “try that on a melee” Ofc, there are many excuses still.

Excuses as in one of the best players in the world plays a war at 380 item level and beats people with a skilled healer in the sub 1400 rating range against double dps teams and once he got to around 1900 mmr he goes 50/50 win loss?

That’s just an excuse to you?

18 Likes

Sir, you need to stop. Everything we see on the internet is 100% true and should not be questioned. Take your attitude and get right out of here!

Seriously though, this is not new. I remember back in TBC when feral druids were hot trash in PvP, some dude who was a top pvper got a feral druid over 2000 rating, at which point everybody was like, “See? Feral druids are fine! You just need skill.”

Yep, totally…

2 Likes

To me that means skill > gear.

2 Likes

Pikaboo with r1 skill level goes 50/50 win loss around the 1900 mmr range lol… if anything that proves gear > skill.

15 Likes

Sounds like working as intended.

nice diversion I guess?

7 Likes

He’s not even 400 ilvl (on a warrior) and has a 67% winrate. No offense but the gear argument is done

Video shows him winning his first 6 games against crap players with a skilled healer against double dps comps.

He then proceeds to lose 50% of his matches at the 1900mmr range.

Player in question is a r1 player and best in the world losing to people 1000 rating below where his actual skill is at.

17 Likes

And according to this forum he shouldn’t win any.

Also according to this forum he would be at 2900 rating at 380 item level.

17 Likes

Uhhhh… Yea? 420 is a joke, I have that from wq/benthic and last seasons gear. Not to mention they have no ap (did you not see that warlocks health?). Seriously not even close.

Now if he won against a 430 cut of death warrior/healer combo at 2k if be impressed and say gear didn’t matter. But he didn’t. He struggled vs 1800 plebs at 420.

Congrats you proved gear matters as much as ever.

Lol like what’s a multi r1 blizzcon finalists excuse for losing at 1800 rating? Maybe because he’s undergeared?

Like in wod I climbed to 1700s in 2s on freshly geared alts. Litteraly gear matters as much as ever.

2 Likes