Some OCE Players Want the Merge

Yeah I played all of Classic / TBC classic on NA - Ping is fine can still easily parse 99s

absolutely agree with what was said here

And I guess Blizzard has to decide to which playerbase they are catering with this decision.

But rightly or wrongly, I would venture to assume yourselves and KoM probably are the minority of OCE players - when Elron has claimed to represent the majority.

Does that make it right to merge the servers? I’m not sitting here rubbing my hands with malevolent glee at the prospect of ruining somebody else’s fun. I was merely expressing, as a member of the OCE community, I would be happy with the merge. That doesn’t necessarily make it the right decision but I think it’s important to have all the cards on the table.

Yeah back when we were all potatoes playing on dial up, 90% of us were clicking and looking up Thotbot. Things have changed lad.

tbh he basically is in this situation.
most players are raid logging; I’d say the majority only care about performing well in the raid in comparison to their past performances and other players.

you obviously don’t and that’s fine but I think you’re in the minority here

I don’t disagree with a merge in terms of player base. I think it would be great for things like WB’s, Summons, Instance groups, AH etc etc. All of that I can manage on 200 ping. What I can’t manage is competing on a world stage for speeds.

As Elron has pointed out, the easiest fix would be having a raid with an instanced ping. Whereby the group leader controls what ping they’re playing on. I don’t see how anyone in the OCE community can’t see this as being a good idea.

Fair, all we can do is speculate.

I like the idea. I’m just doubtful that Blizzard would implement it. It’s achievable but that sounds like a lot of dev time.

Thanks for the bump!

last comment I’ll make here - in regards to your reply to Sneakyfluke;
this system already exists in retail and we are playing on a modified retail client in SoD.
What is being suggested is not hard at all to do and won’t take long to implement.

I was not aware of that, haven’t played Retail since… Well, since WotLK was Retail. Perhaps there is hope.

1 Like

your opinion is invalid, sorry! hope this helps

1 Like

This man gets it.

If you can’t have a megaserver with localized instances & raids, you don’t deserve to have a megaserver at all.

I can see both point of views. Aussies want to play on low ping, but some don’t mind playing on NA with way more players which is what i do and honestly the ping is not really that bad at all.

I get 90-99 parses with 160-200ms at times, so i think the whole PING thing is a bit overblown and just normal aussie hard headedness which we are known for ay.

But yeah, if blizz can give OCE seeded realms i’d be down for that too.

1 Like

I think the thing that you are missing, as I have just had this chat with guildies that are playing SOM, is as follows:

In SOM you’re playing in a 40 man raid. As we all know 90+ percentile parses are typically achieved through decent kill times (although sometimes we can get lucky on RNG and pump one regardless). Pretty well anyone I have spoken to saying “its not that bad” has been in a US run where they are the only OCE player.

2.5% of the players in a 40 man run are OCE, this really isn’t going to impact kill time, and realistically with a bit of luck will leave room for a decent player to achieve good parses. You can compare two top guilds on SOM right now, Phase 7, who one of our guildies is raiding with and Dragon Snack an Aussie guild.

If you compare just the boss kills, as these are more likely to be similar in time than the overall dungeon which there is a 14 minute discrepancy on. Phase 7 come out ahead (US guild) by 7%. Dragon Snack are achieving “good” logs. But 7% over a 30 minute run is a 2 minute difference, not only this but speeds typically have trash pulls being the hardest component of the runs so I would suggest that 7% is closer to 10-12% when looking at speed runs.

If you go back to the boss comparison only, due to the longer time frame of 14 minutes and warriors being the main dps component the longer run should achieve higher dps damage due to more uptime of Death Wish. However it doesn’t due to 200 ms - RIP

1 Like

You’re evidently very knowledgeable, and I don’t disagree with the points you’ve raised. But just as you have suggested it’s not fair for players like me to ruin other people’a fun by forcing them to a poor latency server, is it any more fair for players to potentially ruin the fun of others who just want to kick back and play by forcing them to stay on a lowly populated server?

I ran a few five mans tonight, and asked around in those groups and in world chat what people’s views on the merge are. Overwhelmingly, most players I spoke to were fine with the merge (with most commenting about their experiences playing US servers for HC). I’m not laying claim to the majority, but I think all this talk from top-performing guilds does create a bit of an echo chamber.

1 Like

I’ve been asking tons of OCE players today about it. It’s 50/50, some want the merge some don’t.

2 Likes