SoM- trying something new

Hi, I always main a dwarf rogue but am going to try a dwarf warrior in SoM with thoughts of tanking. I have never tanked on a warrior before, druid and old frost DK, so my question is will there be enough patience in SoM for new tanks or for that matter healers?

1 Like

IME people in Classic are generally chill because of how easy it is for something to go sideways.

Also considering the major EXP buff they are giving even a few wipes is going to feel like you’re plowing through levels anyways. The only real issue you might run into is mage cleave comps that were popular on release being even more effective for dungeon farming exp.

Good job on trying something new! I too am trying something new… I always play a Night Elf Druid but this time, I’m playing a Tauren Druid. Completely new!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, your mileage here will vary probably just as much as it will in any past, present, and future incarnation of the game. Some people just wanna go fast and expect you to know your job. Which is fine, to be honest, though maybe some of those people don’t have to act the way that they do sometimes :wink:

Anyway, I’ve always found that if I build a group and advertise “chill run” I tend to collect like-minded folks who don’t mind going at a more relaxed pace. Just be up front that you’re new at your role and build your group with people who don’t really care.

Good luck with the new experience!

Yes!

There’s an old guide geared towards new warrior tanks for WoW Classic that has some great tips. I especially like this part:

Well if you are not human you might want to get edgemasters, or aclg for the weapon skill, when players go fury-prot. If you want a dwarf for the fr and racial going for daggers might be a good bet. Axes if you can get edges.

If you can level as a tank you will probably have enough experience and dungeon gear to tank.

1 Like

Classic and TBC dwarf priest here. Im rolling undead priest for the season :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. After two years as alliance I don’t want this to look like a chore.