SOM is not active

I cant even run a dungeon with anyone can they merge all the servers or something. Im in the 40+ level range. RIP

You decided to level in phase 5, thats how these things work.

4 Likes

Thats 100% true

Pretty sure there are free transfers to Jom Gabbar for everyone.

1 Like

wahh I can’t find people for a low level dungeon when most people are progressing in AQ40 or already completed it :roll_eyes:

SoM is plenty active. Your problem is you’re trying to cook breakfast when we’re all preparing to make dinner.

1 Like

Best route right now is to just quest. The bonus xp makes it super easy and at all questing zones will be easy to run through since they’re empty!

2 Likes

Im just questing for sure thanks for the info I usually play retail and in that you can spam dg’s to level especially as a healer and tank but as for classic its not the case, which I dont mind in a sense just got to take it slow and hope people are still pushing those AQ40’s when I get to there level. I mostly just made this post to complain XD. Still having fun in SOM tho dont get me wrong. And I do play on Jom server just not alliance I roll as horde.

Those AQ/ZG’s are 90% GDKP so start buying gold now.

2 Likes

there’s plenty of ZG/AQ20 SRs in SoM if you don’t like gdkp

1 Like

absolutely disgusting

2 Likes

it’s untrue

SoM was a good idea with the absolute worst execution. The timing was the main problem. " Let’s rerelease Classic Vanilla while TBCC is in full swing, surely this isn’t a horrible idea.". Had it been released about a month after Sunwell then it would have saw a massive uptick in population and popularity. As it is now people are just too late to pick it up in the cycle.
Either wait for a lull period in WotLK for the next season or work it as a Classic+ feature. Or do what Warmane does. There’s too many options including rotating patches between the active Classic expansion and SoM. The fact SoM made it past control at Blizzard shows how poorly the company was being ran at the time.

5 Likes

I agree that it was pushed at the wrong time, but I think that was on purpose. I don’t think they expected big numbers out of SOM, rather they wanted to use it as a sandbox trial for the seasonal content. In that regard I think it was successful. I think their real attempt will be the next round of seasonal servers.

2 Likes

LMAO you can easily form a low level dungeon on TBC (which is on the last phase) but you can’t on SoM because its on the last phase?? You’re delusional. SoM was dead on arrival, I’ve heard you have to coordinate players to get BGs to pop xD

2 Likes

I’d say thats the exact reason it was unpopular. Rolling a toon in an MMORPG with a set expiration date is a huge turn-off. Dev time would have been better spent making actual additions to Classic Era, not a year-long con

6 Likes

No. We have found out that the reason this happens is because blizz offered the boost. If there wasnt a boost for ppl to buy then there would be plenty if other players that would be leveling and he could find a group.

Its a direct reusult of the boost just like we were told. We were wrong, they were right. Not afraid to admit it.

What do you mean there isnt a boost.

There is a market for seasonal play. If there was interest in a permanent fully progressed server we’d see more people on Era. That isn’t the case. Some people like that sure, but the progression element is what makes wow what it is.

As long as the next season is timed properly (i.e probably after Wrath) it will do well.

I still see plenty of stockades/deadmines/SM groups in SoM in the LFG channel. But you will still have trouble doing these dungeons compared to phase 1, which is natural. I don’t play that awful game known as TBC, but I would guess early game dungeon availability is similar in both.

1 Like

I agree that SoM 2 should not be launched until after everyone gets bored of wrath and realizes it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. That illusion needs to be permanently shattered.

1 Like

Who said anything about leaving Era fully progressed? I ended my post advocating for new additions to Classic Era and I have no doubt it would be more popular than seasonal play.

3 Likes