SoM is likely the first season of many. The changes will change

To those that are mad that they’re not doing “X” change, you’ll likely see it down the road. With Blizzard looking to do annual seasons for classic, it’ll probably happen eventually. I really wanted some class changes to bring the memes specs out of hiding, but I’m hopeful we’ll see it down the road. Hopefully we’ll even get new content eventually.

9 Likes

not impressed

3 Likes

i wonder if the Crowfall model wasnt better for this… semi-permanent worlds, permanent souls.

It’s very unlikely that we see a second season.

SOM is going to be dead by month 2.5

Blizzard wants to put minimal effort into this. It’s not enough to bring players back or keep realms active. Look at how low participation is on these forums and the classic reddit. They dead. There is very little excitement surrounding SOM. Streamers aren’t going to play it. Private server players aren’t going to play it. Who’s going to play? Pretty much nobody.

1 Like

The people who will play SOM are 16 year olds and retail shills that quit the game regardless of changes

They are updating the changes list every week, here’s to hoping that minor class tweaks to the memes to become viable are still on the agenda!

1 Like

even if everyone quits; SoM will breath solely due to the hardcore community now that there’s hardcore support in the game

6 Likes

I think SoM will be popular

4 Likes

If SoM eventually dies, it won’t be until AQ phase. Everything up until that point is amazing. So no, it won’t be DOA or within 2-3 months. At the very worst it’ll die down about 6-8 months in, and at that point I’d consider it a success.

I do think they should at the very least give some small mana/mp5 buffs to meme specs that need it for season 1, since they’re taking it upon themselves to increase boss HP, it seems only right to do. After this season they can do more drastic changes if they want.

I’m happy for the hardcore community, undeniably they are present and real wow fans. But they make up what % of the pop? These anti-wbuffers aren’t serious enough to chronoboon buffs once a week but will handle an accelerated rate with harder raids? Just feels very unlikely. Only time will tell though. I will probably play purely to wpvp, but i dont know how long even that will be fun if pop declines quickly.

I thin SoM will be popular. :slightly_smiling_face: