SoM Characters to WotLK?

Will it be possible to take a character from SoM into WotLK?

I know that at the end of SoM characters will have the option to go to a legacy server.
Will the option to “choose expansion” be available to those characters at that time?

Is there a blue post about this that I’ve missed?

Just curious about how this all is going to work.

2 Likes

Yes, you will be able to xfer SOM to Classic ERA and then xfer them to WOTLK/TBC servers. They’re also putting in a 70 boost (1 per account) so you can boost your SOM character straight to WOTLK content.

4 Likes

citation please and thanks

2 Likes

With the exception of a temporary, erroneous passport INTO SoM, players on Classic Era do not leave Classic Era.

3 Likes

one does not simply leave classic era

3 Likes

just go read the blue notes… what do i care if you dont believe me lol

I did and I was able to comprehend what was said.

So your SoM character is either wiped with the server or moved to a Classic Era server.
There is no announcement at this time for transfers or “clones” from Era to TBCC/Wrath.
The Character Clone support page still states: “A clone is a snapshot copy of your WoW Classic character taken right before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch.” Since your SoM character would not have been on a Classic Era server at the time specified, currently there is no way to clone or transfer a seasonal character to TBCC/Wrath.

Now. I’ve provided my sources. How about you do what I originally asked of you and cite your source?

Characters on SoM are not progression characters.

Nice necro

Nice bump.

Cut Macklemore some slack.
Trying to get the last word is their thing.

1 Like

This did not need a necro.
:axe:

you can xfer classic era chars to TBC correct? They announced that at the end of SOM you will be able to xfer your SOM char to classic era? What part are you missing?

Look Muchamuerte.
Post a Blizzard source supporting your claims.
I showed you what Blizz has actually said.
If you are guessing just say that.
Pretty simple.

Only if they were on a Classic Era server during the snapshot which SoM characters were not.

No. At the TBCC prepatch a clone was made of each character that existed at that time. Then players were given the choice to unlock one of the clones for free. Most chose to unlock their tbcc clone, some chose Era. The “Cloning Fee” applies to players that want to unlock both clones on Era and TBCC. No further cloning has been announced. SoM doesn’t have any connection to it.

1 Like

Why are people upvoting this? This is false.

At the end of SoM you can transfer to Classic Eternal…where they’ll remain forever. You can’t move them to TBC or Wrath.

2 Likes