Solution for the PvP situation

There would be some backlash for sure, just like we have now…but I do believe that it would be better in the long run. Average players alrdy aren’t enjoying the game as it is and are quitting anyway.

1 Like

While I don’t think Blizzard will actually do anything… I think a really good idea would be to cap premade groups to 5 for WSG and AB just like they did with AV. I imagine that would end with both sides having a half premade and half pug.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Kinda defeats the point of pvp rep rewards if you still need a group to get them. The point of things like mindfang, wsg pants/bracers, don julios and the av offhands its a reward you can get yourself (although sometimes slowly). If you still needed 15 might as well just grab the extra 5 and do an MC/ZG and get similar or better gear in like 1/500th of the time.

4 Likes

Having solo and group Q’s are fine.

The only thing wrong with them are people dont like to lose and complain about it.

WAH! PREMADEZ ARE RUINING MY FUNZ BUT I DONT WANT TO JOIN A PREMADE TO PLAY!

cry river plxz

2 Likes

I vote for Server specific BGs. To help entice more Guild participation/Server Communities. Something I learned, while I’m reading these complaints against Pre-Mades, is that they all have one thing in common. They’re treating the BG Finder as if it’s a Group Finder, so they don’t have to form the Group, themselves. This problem would be easily solved with Server specific BGs and figuring out which Guild you want to join, to help you out with your PvP needs.

All these “Finders” via BG Finder, LFD, LFR, etc., created more of a Solo mind frame which is damaging to a Game trying to push for the whole “Team Play” message. It’s the same mind frame towards Personal Loot, as well. The frame of mind on all of these situations are exactly the same.

1 Like

Also that would basically remove those bg’s from smaller servers, for example at 3am on a last night (Friday) there were only 15 lvl 60’s in org, if anyone wanted to play ab at that time they would need to convince 100% of the online level appropriate player base to want to play the same bg at the same time so something like that is basically impossible as half are prob afk even.

5 Likes

BG’s would come to an absolute standstill with server specifics unfortunately…

Crossrealms are fine. People just like to complain.

2 Likes

Server Transfers are available, and it helps players decide which Server is going to be right, for them.

lmao im not gonna trasfer from my raid group tho lol, I would just not pvp if that was the case.

2 Likes

I get it. There’s always pros and cons, to our decisions.

A lot of people have already Xfered.

Also. By saying “you’re fine Xfer if u wanna pvp” means that communities that have built themselves for months would be ripped apart. If they were doing server specific BG’s then they would have done it flat out and announced it before launch… Not changed something 7months after the game released.

Hard no on server specific BG’s

1 Like

Again:

I’m in agreement that it should’ve already been here, but it does appear that they are making it up (the Vanilla-like concept), as they go along.

Cross realms were implemented to bring down que times to manageable levels.

To open up player base so you didnt have 1-2 high ranked teams steamrolling and controlling the entire battleground for that server. To open up matches against more and more players for a better experience against more PvP.

The “vanilla like” mindset they’re approaching is that of the current patch… Which is around Naxx where they feel the game was the best during Vanilla’s history.

Just because it doesnt match with your own vanilla mindset doesnt mean that its NOT a Vanilla-like concept.

Hard no on server specifics again… Its an absolutely terrible idea for the longevity and life of the game. They’re also banking on not everybody staying - and then servers would be dead w/o PvP also - what about those people on PvE servers who wanna PvP? they’re almost entirely alliance dominated! They wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell at playing at all

AAAAAND most alliance DONT pvp very much, the overall data says alliance outnumbers Horde. But horde have the longest que’s while alliance are instant! why do you think that is? No matter which way you slice it… Server specific BG’s are detrimental to PvP as a whole as it stands right now

The unfortunate logistics of that are most servers are so exceptionally imbalanced, some would easily have Q times measured in days not hours. The optics would be terrible. I know blizzard is out of touch with the player base it but thats just way over the top for whats reasonable for a game in this modern era, like the kind of stuff that gets joked about on late night tv terrible.

1 Like

Or they could just have separate group and solo queues.

That’s effectively the same thing for people who run premades but doesn’t screw over others.

2 Likes

Possibly could have been the correct way to do it but it’s irrelevant now. It would be an unnecessary change at this point that would not be accepted easily.

Create a solo q only mode that awards no honor nor rep

Or you can simply fix the matchmaking system. It’s not even hard

I’ve seen some pretty dumb ideas posted on this forum. But wow. This is a whole new level boss.

4 Likes

The downside of not having this conversation contained to one thread is that you can continue to repeat your suggestions, while ignoring anyone who counters it with a response.

It’s redundant for me to keep repeating myself.

A suggestion that would be a huge change to classic, but one that would be ultimately acceptable.

I don’t see this happening without reworking the ranking system completely.