Solo Shuffle is so pointless without ladders

How exactly is it fun for anyone when a healer with 65k HP goes up against DPS who have 80k+ HP? It is so pointless

At the very worse it is leaving a bad taste in players mouth so when ladders do happen they won’t want to participate

Blizzard you F up PvP gearing in this expansion so thoroughly

8 Likes

Think of it as alpha testing.

Season 4 is meant to be experimental, though, so they should buff scaling to within, say, 3-5 item levels of bis or something. It’d go a ways in improving match quality/duration.

This is probably why they won’t release it until it’s actually ready.

They should up the CQ to 1k per game at least,

This is the testing phase, it either seems reasonable to institute ladders after testing and tweaking, or they scrap the entire thing. Only time will tell which one we get.

I wish they would find a viable solution to those who come in and for some reason AFK every single match if they don’t like the way the first one ended, aka lost. lol.

1 Like

the whole idea is silly.
im supposed to rely on a person i just outplayed 20 seconds ago?

4 Likes

ah. another post complaining about gear imbalances in pvp.

this is like the 50th one ive read today.

does blizzard just not care?

PVP was at it’s least popular when it had the fairest gameplay. It does make sense to ensure the power difference between players isn’t insane, but it does reach a point when it’s just boring.

I did a random and I was up against a Ele Sham and Destro Lock who each had 100k HP and a UDK that had 110k HP. I’m in full PvP honor gear and I only tickled him, that shouldn’t happen. In full PvP gear I should at least be able to pressure him a little but nope. I /afk’ed and I’m not sure if I’m going to log back in on the Ret, the 51-59 bracket is just sooooo much better

1 Like

i understand your pain brother. i agree. the game shouldnt be so lopsided when it comes to gear. hopefully DF is a lil better

Then get conquest gear and upgrade it. You can get 4/9 conquest by rolling your face across the keyboard.

1 Like

Should probably just not take it all that seriously…

I have noticed that there’s some really angry fellers that join up there expecting it to be like an arena match.

Not a realistic expectation :slight_smile:

I like how it mixes it up, some games are a face roll but others can be won and it’s a big upset when you have an under geared player on your team

Solo shuffle is probably the worst pvp mode i have ever experienced in my some 15 years of playing this game.

Its not even about skill, its pure random luck, and its filled with a lot of BS in the game.
Its all about which team gets the worst geared person on their side, that team most likely is gonna lose because they most under geared is toast, to the point of its almost not even worth trying if you get a fresh 60 in there.

If only players were shuffled each round…

1 Like

I mean it still gets boring. Was in there with a boosted hunter that had 20k health (boosted gear doesn’t scale properly?). He lost every match. The healers just afkd because he got one shot every game.

I’m not a huge fan of solo shuffle honestly. Not really looking forward to it in df.

When they announced it I was skeptical. I recently returned and gave it a try on my druid and it’s everything I thought it would be. The weakest link is discovered in the first round and is abused every subsequent round. I’m sure on an even playing field it can be very fun and challenging but with the current gear disparities, it’s pretty boring.

1 Like

Yeah I think I get 1 of 3 matches where everyone is kinda geared and it turns out fun. I’d much rather just find some peeps in lfg or group up with some guildies… ESPECIALLY when rating locked gear isn’t a thing anymore and people can play more for fun than focusing on always being undergeared.

Please Blizz RATED SOLO SHUFFLE on S4 of shadowlands!!

The healers aren’t shuffled, right? So, it’s going to be bad if there is a geared healer vs. an undergeared healer. DPS should balance out in the end.

They just need to introduce it in a way that everyone gear levels are the same. I just healed a solo shuffle where there’s a mage with 40k hp and he’s the target on every game aka liability.

Solo shuffle is meant to be an enjoyable experience outside rated stuff…

Instead we got the broken implementation which means that every game is a dps race to kill that low hp guy.

I dont enjoy healing that low hp guy because a sneeze from the ‘geared’ enemy dps means a major cd from me.

Likewise, even if i won the game, its not like I win because my team “outplayed” the other team… It just mean that the other team had got the “short straw” on their end.