Solo Queue/Arena Team Rating

So, in a similar-but-completely-different vein to a “solo queue” option where the game matchmakes you with partners… why don’t we have a solo queue and arena team rating system? One where your solo queue rating is used any time you’re not playing with a set-up, predefined arena team (eg. people you find in LFG, your friends’ alts, poor guildmates who need to cap their conquest) and where your arena team’s rating is only used when you queue with specific characters (ie. your “main team,” maybe with room to hold up to 6 characters per team). Does Blizzard think queue times would be too long? Would it be too difficult/time consuming for Blizzard to implement a dual rating system? Are there any other issues that would seriously hold Blizzard back from adding something like this? In my eyes, it’s certainly simpler than adding in a whole “solo queue” matchmaking function and avoids the headache of people complaining about poor teammates.

I feel like it might help to increase participation in the sense that people who have a set main team don’t have to worry about tanking their rating if they play with new people or want to try out a different comp. It would also give newer/returning players a chance to play with people who’ve already established themselves without any anxiety from established players that they’re going to lose any progress that they’ve made with their “main team.” Beyond all that, maybe we’d even be able to name our arena teams again :blush:

3 Likes

They need to do something seriously, I spend more time filtering through the LFG page then actually playing arena sometimes. 50% of the time i just give up and go do something else.

3 Likes

lmfaoooooo u want a serous response from this forum.

this is literally the most toxic forum in internet history.

If they could balance this to either scale everyone up/down to a certain ilvl and matchmake the games to have 2 dps/1 healer at random that is unique to their solo que cr, as a healer I have no problem with this. Reasoning that skill level will seed out everyone meaning eventually a skilled player will end up on the higher spectrum and que with other higher cr players and your cousin Jeffery will seed at 1600cr a and not matchmake with you.

id be happy being paired with someone within 200 rating range of mine and 20 item level points.

1 Like

Solo queue is a no brainer. Should have been added a long time ago.

1 Like

It’s funny that you say that not because of your follow-up comment, but because at least 3, potentially 4 of the other posts in the thread just assumed that this thread was about adding in a solo queue function. I say assumed because if they’d read my post they’d know I was just talking about a solo RATING, and not a “solo queue” that automatically matches you up with other players. I guess the phrase “in a similar-but-completely-different vein” wasn’t a good enough cue :sweat_smile:

Stop being toxic then