Solo queue tourny is going on

It’s on round 3 so far, pretty entertaining. Games are short and brutal.

Only issue I had with the format is the brackets being posted ahead of time.

Doesn’t it kind of defeat the purpose of randomness if they know who their opponents are going to be for every given “set of 6 matches”? They should of done a random lotto drawing everytime, which mimics what the normal queue does.

4 Likes

Cool, they have any tanks in the line up?

2 Likes

It only specifies healers and dps. I don’t think tank was allowed lol.

/gasp!

I wonder why :joy:

5 Likes

Great, now if only they’d go ahead and apply this to shuffle on live before ranked is added. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

10 Likes

Tanks will have to be considered a “dps” slot for rated to work, or alternatively tanks are only enabled in non-rated queues and disabled in rated.

Either version works but I’m going to go with most players would prefer the latter.

2 Likes

This could result in relatively long matches where it’s something like fury/havoc then guardian and brewmaster plus an rdruid and rsham.

Disabled in rated pending properly balancing or a rework, perhaps. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Which could mean indefinitely. Shuffle is a good opportunity and I hope that it doesn’t get bungled by having tanks. Especially in the tank/dps/dps format which is…fun for honor gains, not fun for actual matches.

Iunno in this solo queue tourny dampening is ramping up so fast it seems like it’s pretty difficult to have especially long matches.

25% dampening in 2 minutes is pretty brutal.

the roguelo shuffle

Clearly mages need buffs

1 Like

Warlocks have been doing surprisingly poor so far.

1 Like

Is dampening for ss on live this fast?

Explain what solo shuffle is and the rules

No because then you can get the same players playing more than another person lol

Predoing a draw let’s people actually know when to be logged in anyways, it’s still random but no, doing this randomly does in fact require them to be chosen all at once and not one at a time

A lot more watchable than awc imo

1 Like

I guess my concern was more in line with knowing who you are going to be playing against before hand because it’s pre-drafted. DPS with multiple specs get to choose which spec they want to be in from the start based on what your enemy is likely playing for a very slight tactical advantage?

That is something you normally can’t do in a real solo shuffle queue situation, and something Pikaboo had mentioned when figuring out which rogue spec to play.

wish dampening always ramped this fast

3s wouldnt be so long and drawn out

1 Like

Hpal worst solo shuffle healer confirmed

1 Like

bro where the rets at