Solo DPS players. How do you function?

How in the world do you guys get groups? I’m normally playing a healer so groups are super easy to get into and never really feel a problem.

But now I’m playing my fury warrior and getting a group for anything is like pulling teeth. The only way it seems I have a chance for a mythic is if I create the group which takes about an hour.

1 Like

Im working on an alt demo lock right now, goin solo at it, i usually dont make my own groups so i have to hope people will invite me. Ive gotten a few lucky invites to 10-12 level keys, my best bet is to just keep slogging through 7s and 8s until score gets abit higher i guess. Being 454 ilvl and a non-meta class slows my group finding down i guess.

Start at small keys then build your score and your gear will go up and then boom invites will happen

I don’t apply, just run with guildmates and make my own groups.

DPS is bottom of the barrel. If your IO is trash, it’s gonna be an instant decline. How I’ve gone about it is just forming my own groups. I pull someone with a higher IO than my own then have them relist so the group looks more enticing. I highly recommend if you’re having trouble getting into groups, pushing your own key is gonna be the only way to progress, lest you waste an hour signing up for dungeons.

If I’m playing a DPS, I just assume I will be making the group.

1 Like

I just came back to wow after not playing for about 7 years, and dont know if being in a specific realm matters, but I learn quick, and would be ok if you would like to add me, to make a group of friends to help out with such things.

Or anyone else as well !

it was slow weeks 1 and 2. I had to do some M+ keys just to get my IO on the board.

now I apply to only one or two groups and get invited almost instantly.

and with fast invites you get to do runs and your IO goes up and then you get faster invites etc.

you got to creep up your IO a little bit, once you get that one 15 on-time the invites are instant. it’s a fast progression lap you do only once per season.

Everything outside of mythic raiding can be done cross realm, and even that can be done cross realm after several months have passed. If you are in NA, then you are in a pool of all NA realm players.

Now in some cases your realm name can make people…suspicious and decline you. For example if you are from ragnaros, azralon, quel’thalas, etc.

2 Likes

Run your own groups. Start low and build your key up. Simple really. A lot of the time you’ll find people are in the same situation as you and will stick around to push the key(s).

Also, not sure what server you’re on, but I can’t imagine it taking an hour to form a group for a mythic(+) dungeon.

I really do sort of sympathize with those players. Can’t even tell them to roll tank if they have a problem with it, cuz they can’t lol.

I primarily Tank, but I’ll occasionally queue as DPS or heals if I’m bored one night. Even with a 3k score as tank, showing that I at least know the mechanics very well, I usually get declined unless I’m applying to keys 6 levels below what I’m currently doing. Not that I disagree with that, as I’m just there to mess around, but it’s a glimpse into the dps struggle for me.

The times I do get a tank to join they are duo with a healer or another dps that is 200 ilvl below what would be considered a good ilvl.

Last night I got a tank with a 470 ilvl but his partner was a healer at 297. I said I don’t think he is high enough for m+. He tells me oh he won’t need heals and that it’ll be fine. We wipe constantly and failed time. I messed up 1 mechanic during the entire dungeon and the both of them flame me nonstop till it was finally over.

Its so discouraging honestly. Only get a couple hours a night to play and gotta deal with people like that.

Any time I get a whisper from an applicant that starts along the lines of “I have a friend that …” my finger automatically goes to the decline button.

People in season 4 have no shame anymore. They will literally just straight up whisper you saying “can you carry my friend” or “can I bring my 460 friend” or whatever other similar garbage.

Play a hybrid (Druid for me)
Run up IO as heals/tank
Switch to dps

You need to whisper the party lead “big dam”. Usually works.

1 Like

Pretty easy. Just start your own groups until your io goes up. If you dont want to start a group just join low level (3/4) of dungeons you havent done and build your io. Once its high enough you will get instant invites. This toons io is nothing amazing since I only do a 15 for the week but its good enough to be instant invited to pretty much whatever i que for. I do it with all my alts and can hit 1k in the first week.

And then get declined by competent group leaders who realize there is little transferrable experience between the roles.

Yes preferably whisper “GIANT EPEEN BIG PUMPER BRO” or something along those lines.

You mean “Will top meters guaranteed, can kick me if I don’t”

“And then get declined by competent group leaders who realize there is little transferrable experience between the roles.”

haha lol