[SoD] Warlocks can cast Subjugate Demon on other PLAYERS in Meta form, control them as pet for 5 mins

I was playing Warsong battleground as a warlock in Meta form (warlock gloves rune), and got controlled by Subjugate Demon casted by an ally warlock, then I became his pet for 5 minutes and all my action bars were greyed out. It was a 9 vs 11 warsong fight and absolutely unfair. It should be a bug because a 5 minute crowd control on other players without channeling is not acceptable in an MMO, at least disable it in battleground or make it a channeling spell or reduce the control time to 20s like other crowd control spells.

How to reproduce: simply two level 40 warlocks, one equip Meta rune and shift to Meta form, the other warlock cast Subjugate Demon on first warlock, and you can take your PLAYER pet to anywhere you want :rofl: You may let him stay, follow or attack as the pet bar shows.

3 Likes

It’s probably a bug, but it’s also funny, and also understandably a bug, I think. I could go both ways on this, but yeah.

:woman_shrugging:

This has always been a feature and not a bug. The form is actually a Demon and adds a new option to CC you the same way a druid turns into an animal and gets effected by Hibernation/Sleep/Fear Beast

1 Like

If i can cast once and fear you for 5 minutes, you still think it’s not a bug?

1 Like

I guess Warlocks can also Banish Druids on Tree form then.

The problem is not if they can cc someone, it’s the DURATION, imagine you get banished for 5 mins lmao

Hello Warlocks!

It was not intended to allow someone to control another player that long. To address this problem, a change went in last night to decrease the duration of Subjugate Demon against players down from 5 minutes to 10 seconds (with diminishing returns following suit). There are some cool class interactions out there that feel niche that we hope to retain, within reason, especially in Player versus Player environments.

Thank you all for the bug reports, we appreciate it.

2 Likes

10 Seconds down from 5 minutes? Thats kind of a massive change, but we’ll leave Banish at 20 seconds a shorter cast and now a longer duration. Or do you not know Meta warlocks can be banished?

Edit: Oh and doesn’t require a Soul Shard to cast. Why not change it to something like 40 seconds and change how the heartbeat works on players to make it more likely they’ll break free? What really needs fixed is when you Subjugate Warlocks you can turn in their blood of the loa for your own coins. Now thats a terrible game design.

1 Like

Then you leave sap/sheep at 30s, fear at 20s still. Come on blizzard, the pace has been changed already. Please think about a 10s cc rules for every cc ability.

W for letting us still subjugate players though. I was sure you would remove it entirely.

I’ve had alot of fun these past couple of days making new friends and going on roadtrips with them. Fun while it lasted. And good it got nerfed :joy: people like me cant behave with things like that in the game.

Nice change, thank you for fixing it so fast :heart_eyes:

10 seconds is too extreme. 30 seconds would make much more sense.

No it’s not a priest’s channeling mind control, you just cast once and other player will be your pet, you can easily make it a 11 vs 9 game in a BG which is totally unfair. The biggest difference between warlock’s Subjugate Demon and priest’s Mind Control is – warlock can move and dps while controlling other player, but priest must channel and cannot move/heal/dps while controlling someone. And it’s very easy to interrupt channeling spells like mind controll, but for Subjugate Demon, you need to kill the warlock, which is much harder.

legit this shouldnt even be a thing?

if this is a thing, why cant Hunters use tame beast on Feral Druids…

its legit a Tame spell, and druids come up as beasts…

you should not be able to use Subjugate demon on player characters period.

it completely locks out and entire person from an engagement and lets you faceroll them under your terms.

one of the most stupidest things for blizzard to allow.

and before you ask, i play a rogue, that one shot stabby mac stab from stealth class, that globals clothies in a group for !@#$s and gigs, so i know OP when i see it.

NERF SHADOW WORD DEATH, AND BUBBLE SHIELDS…

1 Like

a 30 second HARD cc, that gives them a player as a pet, is a REDICULOUS ask, 10 seconds is way to long,

should be along the lines of HOJ or Kidney Shot/Cheap Shot.

2 Likes

We also sent out a hotfix to address the Blood of the Loa turn-ins that were happening when you mind control or subjugate a player at an altar. Players will no longer receive blood coins when they bring players affected by these conditions over to an altar.

1 Like

Right now it is a 3 second cast and a soulshard for a 10 second CC. This makes it objectively worse in every way than Banish. Nerfing a spell out of existence isn’t good design.

Again, Subjugate Demon is not a channeling spell like Mind Control, you make a player ur pet right after you cast it, and you can’t dispel or interrupt the control. This spell is too strong in PvP and it is not designed to be that strong, what do you think if a hunter can freeze and pet a druid in battlegrounds then? The devs keep it enough classic to not disable the spell but just nerf the duration, that is a good design for WoW classic from my perspective. I can 100% sure this spell will be disabled if you can cast Subjugate Demon in 3v3 arenas in retail. The devs and designers already keep the classic fun to still let you cast it in battlegrounds and did their best to balance it, we should thank them for the hard work.

1 Like

I /pet druids all the time, they can’t starsurge me anymore.

1 Like

Yes warlocks could always banish druids in tree form.