SoD - Oceanic Server Please!

I hope so, really want to be able to raid throughout the whole season but giving us a pve server is going to be an absolute flop, especially when one of the biggest drawcards of the season is the wpvp events.

TBH i would be surprised if ANY of the regions SoD servers are PvE considering the WPvP event requires PvP kills to even trigger.

1 Like

Okay, so we are getting an OCE server for SoD because Blizzard predicts that it will absolutely pop with the Classic community (which is a pretty good assumption). Great news for us, latency-wise. Probably not so good for those of us unwilling to put up with the toxic behaviour that comes with a PvP server, if that is the only option.

Everyone saying “Lionheart had 300 players and died within a month” needs to remember the timing of the release of SoM, as well as what SoM was all about. It really didn’t appeal to a lot of us, and we were neck-deep in the transition between TBC and Wrath (if I remember correctly). It really split our time/commitment. Whereas SoD is going to take us Classic andies away from Era for a spell.

I suspect that a PvE OCE server will gain a lot more traction than it did for SoM. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Som was all about endgame pve. And the pve server died in 2 weeks. The percentage of players on swamp of sorrows was over 10 times the amount of players that was on the pve realm. The vast vast majority chose PvP over pve. If oce is only given 1 pve realm it will do terribly.

2 Likes

It should be ONLY 1 oce PvP server, 200ms vs 50ms is not an issue on a pve server at all.

2 Likes

They should have the data for this. They know that the majority of OCE players choose PvP servers even if they don’t PvP bc ganking isn’t a big problem for our small population (ie. Arugal & frostmourne) and people just want more numbers to play with since our community is already small enough. Only having a PVE server is just splitting the community again and it’ll become Lionheart 2.0.

Being locked out of ashenvale and zone events is going to be lame. You can play PVE just fine at 180-250ms on a US server with 10x the players, with the JJ 50% exp buff I don’t see why the OCE playerbase won’t just reroll US. Your ping doesn’t matter when there’s nobody to fight or play with. US is guaranteed to have a good population even for large scale wpvp.

Even with the content being 10 player for months I can see it dying rather quickly. What’s there to do on our PVE server after you’ve already raided? Stand around taunting players to flag up? Make an alt on US? At least give us the option of free transfers or being merged or something later down the line. Nobody wants to do this again after the som incident.

4 Likes

YEEHAW
Grats, y’all!

Surely you mean 1x pvp and 1x pve (pve will be dead), right? … RIGHT?

1 Like

Exactly man, the people who really want to play pve should just play US. The oce pve server will die no matter what. A single oce PvP I think has a good chance of surviving the whole season. If they do 1 pvp and 1 pve then the players who roll pve will either be forced to merge onto the PvP or reroll on another server no matter what happens. They should just do 1 pvp and save everyone (and themselves) the hassle of opening transfers or rerolling.

3 Likes

Be interesting to see what blizzard plan is with the WPvP events (assuming they keep adding them to zones in later phases)
especially on PvE servers where it’ll be a huge annoyance to even trigger it … which still makes me think all the servers will be PvP

1 Like

I don’t play on Oceanic but I’m stoked for you guys!

2 Likes

Please make one of each server type. The biggest realm on wotlk for oceanic is a PVP server :pray:

100% its a must an OCE server for SOD

i agree because as an australian i dont want to play with australians
arugal on classic launch was the most degenerate group of tryhards ive ever witnessed
blizzard gave them cross battlegroup pvp, they cried about it so it was reverted, bg queue times went up to over 2 hours then they demanded cross battlegroup pvp back
kek, lmao

Good stuff !

No don’t do this 1 server 1 oceanic community everytime u split our numbers u end up with dead servers and then they open transfers and rip OCE

1 pvp or pve server i don’t care if its PVP or PVE but it has to be only 1 single OCE server nothing else

2 Likes

pve makes no sense with the ashenvale WPvP event, im sure blizzard are well aware of this aswell

2 Likes

Exactly this. If it’s a pve server you’re going to be splitting the playerbase from day 1. Lionheart pve had 300 players vs swamp of sorrows PvP that had 4k players. Lionheart died in 2 weeks. If they’re actually doing an oce realm it needs to be PvP. Ping doesn’t even matter in pve…

While your point has some merit, the fact the 3 largest servers are, according to ironforge(dot)pro are Faerlina, Benediction and Whitemane, all PvP servers… ALL ONE SIDED Faerlina and Whitemane are 99.5% horde and Bene is 99.7% alliance, even 4th Grob is not 50/50 but very close. Your argument was for PvP servers, seems like PvP in fact DOESN’T happen on PvP servers.

Even the OCE PvP server Arugal is 75% horde so a 3:1 ratio of H:A this is because Arugal is the only choice with good ping for OCE players.

One of the issues Ive seen over the past few years of wow classic is that the servers get slightly heavier one side, no one wants to be the underdog and then transfers (payed or reroll) to the server that is their preferred faction this is a snowball effect.

It is more likely that a PvE server in OCE as the only server will thrive based on the fact that current PvP servers are basically single sided PvE servers.

I can see the arguments saying that some of the zone activities are entirely based on PvP, but opt in PvP is better than always on especially if we are looking to have a faction mirrored Arugal on our hands.

2 Likes

Yeah they need some way to combat the inevitable faction balance, more so if they are pushing this WPvP content, or it will be worthless dev time in later phases when no one can play the content.

Hard situation to combat.

Goddang, well I’ll just go eat my hat.

Well played, OCE brethren.

1 Like