SoD - Macro for rune ability if known else non rune ability

Been trying without much luck to make a macro that casts a rune ability if that ability is learned, otherwise casts a non-rune ability. Two use cases here, which is why I can’t just use something like /cast Leg Rune Ability. Also, the [known:] conditional doesn’t work in SoD so I can’t use that.

First use case: I like my keybinds grouped based on the use of the ability, so while Crusader Strike and Pally Taunt are both glove slot runes, I don’t really want to use the same bind for both. But Crusader Strike would be a pretty frequent bind, so I don’t want to waste it. Something like using crusader strike if known, else using judgement.

Second use case: For pally, Avengers Shield shares leg slot with Exorcist, that lets me use Exorcism on non-undead. But the rune ability itself is a passive, so /cast Leg Rune Ability does nothing. So I would like a macro that uses Avengers Shield if that rune is on, else uses Exorcism if the exorcism rune is on.

Or is this just not possible?

Edit: I suppose just clumsily having both as a /cast in the macro works, like straight up:

#showtooltip
/cast Avenger’s Shield
/cast Exorcism

But this wouldn’t let me see the tooltip/cooldown for Exorcism ever so I’d rather not…

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Avenger's Shield
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Exorcism
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell(GetRunningMacro(), G"Avenger's Shield" or G"Exorcism")
5 Likes

I have been seeing this everywhere and I figured out the answer.

After some testing I found active spells can be cast via rune slot:
/cast Legs Rune Ability
/cast Hands Rune Ability
/cast Chest Rune Ability

There are some odd exceptions, for instance Mangle Replaces Claw.
Ergo, if you have /cast Claw, it will cast Mangle in cat from if you have the Mangle rune equipped.

This also seems to resolve the Sunfire vs Moonfire (Rank 1) macro problem in form.

Hope this helps everyone!

1 Like

Hey Elvenbane, if you don’t mind, could I please trouble you to write me a macro that would do something like this:

#showtooltip Charge
/cast [noknown:warbringer] Battle Stance
/cast Charge

This way I don’t have to swap my action bars every time I swap my warbringer rune on or off. Thank you!!!

Does the known condition work in SOD?