Soar still nerfed, but Blizzard changed their story

Imagine being this upset over a passive

blizz getting too big they act like a corrupted government now :wink:

could be worse, t’is but a racial.

1 Like

See you guys in other games, any of the remaining players are just raid loggers/m+ warriors. Congratz, everybody. WoW will remain irrelevant until the end of time itself.

And no it has nothing to do with the soar nerf or the slime cat or other things they keep actively ignoring while fixing all the whiny issues for M+ players and all the other elitists.

It is simply the fact that they choose and continue to remain silent on issues that are receiving 1000x more backlash than anything else in the past 3ish weeks.

They claim they are listening more than ever lately and yet pure and total silence.

1 Like

Except that this racial is a new, innovative (for WoW) movement mechanic attached to a new, highly requested playable race that, for many people, defines the entire fantasy of that race and is no small part of why they would want to play it to begin with.

Not to mention the videos of people soaring through their own self-created obstacle courses in the Old World at breakneck speeds looked like the single most cool and fun thing they’ve added to world content since the game has existed. Sure, you still can. But the slower speed will both make it less fun and reduce the potential skill cap.

All so a Panda doesn’t possibly lose a race to a pet battle once every 5 minutes.

Sorry, 3 minutes.

3 Likes

It’s a shame that they’re being disingenuous about the reasoning behind the nerf.

If they’d said;

• "We’ve nerfed soar because it felt glitchy."

Or,

• "We needed to nerf it because the servers were having a difficult time tracking the player’s location when they were moving so fast."

Or,

• "Player characters kept clipping through the ground and falling through the world because they moved faster than the spaghetti code is able to tolerate."

Then it’d be a different story entirely.

Instead Blizzard doubled down on their hubris.

• "We nerfed soar because we know better than you."
8 Likes

They literally are dragons with wings….:skull:

1 Like

dumb company doesn’t know better.
remember dumb company is so stupid they put the people in charge who do nothing, next thing is they are getting sued. how dumb can this company be to fail so much?

a blue would be nice to reply… if they DO THEIR JOBS?

So we’re still going on about this? It’s alpha. They put in an ability that was way overtuned. They corrected it. It is no different if they put in a new DPS ability that was doing two million damage and correcting it. People would still cry that “fun detected” it’s now unplayable.

Man I hate it when game companies test and balance their games, druids should be able to get 1200% flight speed and 3000% ground speed shape shifted also cyclone should last 10 minutes and remove all your gold and items because that would be super fun for me.

Did you, or anyone else, actually think they had… or would?

The only thing that could possibly make a difference is MS fully cleaning house after they have control.

1 Like

Fantastic false equivalency, really. Terrible job.

Actually, both excuses could make sense. If the internal testers aren’t familiar with WoW at all, they might think it’s a big deal to “get to a pet battle faster” and declare it needs fixing.

Dumbest excuse ever. Pet battles are literally the least played side content of the game. PVP has more activity. And who cares if they use soar to get to a pokemon spin off faster then most?

i kinda get it. too much speed can be anti fun :wink:

i loved divinity original sin 2 for example but when they came with “QoL” cheats like moving faster the game def. didnt feel as cool. hard to explain.

i still play with it off when i start a playthrough to this day.

Just screw it all with this dragon flying…we already have Dragons we fly and run with …just let us get too max level for the exp and buy our damn flying…its too the point anymore I had enough of this time gating crap for flying…14 yrs in this game and this last two years has about almost been enough for me with this time gating with flying.

My view either it is,or it isn’t jittering the doesn’t solve any problem and just creates insures with customers. Man, more word twisting this amazing.