Soar still nerfed, but Blizzard changed their story

yes, we know you don’t

You are still in a discussion about something being nerfed or not, focusing on a subtopic doesn’t change the topic itself.

3 Likes

It was never as fast as Dragonriding, and in the Dragon Isles (Where Dragonriding is available) it remains unnerfed. Soar was nerfed by 30% in old world zones and is no longer “Supafast.”

[The ability] Soar for Dracthyr was reduced to the maximum speed from (roughly) 930% to 640%. The maximum speed for Dragon Isles Drakes is unchanged. This only applies to the Dracthyr Soar racial ability.

From what I understood this was a blanket nerf without the contingency to zones. So you’ll be paper-airplane flying with Soar the same speed in the Dragon Isles as well as the old zone. Did this change?

Politicians or corporate PR… assume whatever they say is a half-truth, at best, by default.

The entirety of General Discussion summed up in 1 gif.

Edit: dang, I miss MadTV. Better than SNL ever was.

Nah don’t get me confused fam, I’m in the drop the cooldown and leave the speed at least in DF zones. And with a cooldown staying I would be fine with the old speed back. I was just pointing out as per the question asked what the issue was. And second agreeing that the outrage we have on this is being driven by people who have played it in part, but it’s kept going by people who are mad because they were told fun was nerfed without experiencing it at all.

So all my post about lack of dracthyr tanks, because I want everyone to at least have the chance to experience the new race, a race I in fact am in love with and will be playing if nothing drastic happens to our guild roster in the next few months, and you’re take is that I want them ruined. Nah I want them to be glorious, I want them to be at the height of popularity, I want Blizzard to see that opening them up down the line is a great choice because people want to play them.

See having them tank doesn’t make that goal a reality, because yeah I would love more class choices on them, to me it’s like seeing Draconians availble to play in a game. It made me so excited that we were getting a draconic race. And as to soar not sure if it was this or another thread, but I’m with the group that wants the ripcord on full world dragonflight pulled, then Dracthyr can have their speed back and no cooldown.

It is still quite fun. I think that most people will enjoy it.

It’s. Not. A. Dragon.

Just think about how bad Shadowlands is, and it was a delayed expac.

I can’t imagine how awful a rushed expac is going to be. It’ll be a beautiful trainwreck.

1 Like

That’s just the GD trolls, they don’t have anything going on in their life so they spend all day on the World of Warcraft forum hoping to find someone more miserable than they are.

Dragonflight is going to be Warlords 2 but with worse writing. Another failure of an expansion just like Shadowlands.

Shadowlands definitely has room for improvement, but I wouldn’t call it a “failure.” It’s still fun, people are still playing, and Blizz is still raking in money.

Those internal testers are shills, the nerf along with Blizzards reasoning for it are just stupid. If these testers think it’s so fun like pre nerf then why do we even need the nerf? Do these clowns seriously want the dragon race who is supposed to fly around to be forced to ride around on a dragon mount? Again I’m assuming Blizzard is just trying to save face with these changes but can we just skip to the part where they admit they were wrong and change it back to the way we want it pre nerf.

3 Likes

That was never the case. The nerf is in the old world only where it’s now slower than standard flying and barely faster than a glider. In the Dragon Isles Soar remains unnerfed but since it doesn’t benefit from any of the bonus perks and leveling skills that Dragonriding does, it remains only a fraction as fast there.

It’s still faster than an epic flying mount, as a racial that you can use anywhere. I don’t see the uproar, it’s pretty clear they don’t want your racial to be your main form of travel (to people about to comment Running Wild for Worgen, that racial is also a land-only racial that people never use once they can fly and that ain’t affected by the numerous mount speed buffs you can get).

Nothing you just said is true.

1 Like

It’s just another case of the classic Blizzard “Fun-detected: Fun Removed” cycle.

5 Likes

And another case of forum trolls come to tell us all how Blizzard can do no wrong. Toxic devs bred a toxic community and now the rest of us have to live with it.

I watched a video from alpha that showed pre and post nerf, was still as faster or faster than an epic flying mount.

Except it isn’t and we’ve all seen the videos and the tester feedback. Soar only works a few hundred feet and only in a downward motion. It cannot hover, travel up, travel forward without falling, be launched from flat ground, or be used to travel long distances.

But hey, you tried your best to make up some nonsense to shill for Blizzard, so I’m sure Papa Ion will come by later to pat you on the head.

3 Likes

Just good ol’ Blizzard refusing to listen to testers and wanting to live in their own echo chamber. It’s no wonder expansions turned out garbage for a long while now.

My issue with Soar is the cooldown, its too high. It’s a fun skill and they are natural flyers.

5 Likes