Soar still nerfed, but Blizzard changed their story

Isn’t that one more like a safe fall? I’ve never seen someone use that ability outside “look what I can do”.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I mean, yea, gliding by its nature has a pretty limited use case. And the 15 minute cd is an added restriction. Of course you won’t see it getting used very often. Seems like a good reason to lower the cd.

4 Likes

I don’t argue lowering it’s CD, I just wasn’t sure if it was like goblin glider, or like slow fall.

I don’t think they are lying, they will just be selective about which feedback they take.

The original soar speed was going to be a problem for certain players, it was just way too fast. People would be flying into walls, etc. So, they nerfed it and cited the feedback that supported their design decision.

This is why I haven’t pre-ordered and am debating if now is the time to just quit the game. IF I do, I will never come back. I quit Hearthstone in November 2017 and never logged in again(don’t have it installed anymore either).

The game has been getting worse and worse, and with feedback always ignored it will never get better.

1 Like

They will because Dragonriding still goes at the old speed.

4 Likes

They will die on this hill. It’s what it is. Biggest W they could ever score would be

1. Soar = Dragonriding
  2. Dragonriding usable everywhere.

Instead, they’re trying to plan ahead to sunset dragonriding, which is already their stupidest idea since conduit energy, so they are clipping the wings of Dracthyr so that, in a post-dragonflight world, they don’t get to pet battles 10s faster. You know, for that huge e-sport tournament where people race from trainer to trainer all across the world in a purely downhill manner?

14 Likes

But Dragonriding, which will be used by everyone and not just one race/class, still goes at the original speed. So any players who were going to have a problem crashing into walls with Soar, will still be crashing into walls with dragonriding. Sorry, but that was not the reason.

9 Likes

But why would anyone who isn’t here on the forums getting mad preemptively have a reason to think soar should go as fast as their dragonriding does?

Just sayin’, seems like a lot of manufactured outrage over something that’s still supafast, but maybe I’ve officially tipped past the point of being able to get mad about video games anymore.

1 Like

/fumbles through bag of generic statements used by same people whinging

• get good
  • its blizzards decision
  • you dont need everything handed to you
  • more challenging is more incentive
  • soar isnt real flying. Its for casuals
  • insert snark here
  • its alpha you cant be mad. Changes are expected

“the medicine, she tastes no good!”

5 Likes

Because people who want to play as dragons want to play as dragons that can actually fly–not as a gimmick on a 5 minute cooldown that will never be used for anything practical because Dragonriding is always better. At least at the old speed you could justify using it occasionally. Now it’s only function is getting around the start zone and diving off mount Hyjal for lulz.

I don’t want to be a dragon that rides another dragon. I want to be a dragon that flies. That’s why people were arguing to remove the cooldown and keep the speed.

Also, it just looks fun. Not efficient, not game-breaking, but FUN. And yes, it is less fun without the speed. If you can’t understand why, then imagine Nascar, only everyone has to obey a 75 mph speed limit. Fun, right?

9 Likes

But it’s still twice as fast as any existing flying mount … ?

It’s a racial ability. I don’t use spatial rift on my void elves either, but I’m not going to throw a fit about the fact that I can just shimmer on the mage instead and have a lot more fun.

This is like unsubbing over rocket boots being nerfed.

Sounds more like you just don’t know how Soar works or what the nerf did.

It was never as fast as Dragonriding, and in the Dragon Isles (Where Dragonriding is available) it remains unnerfed. Soar was nerfed by 30% in old world zones and is no longer “Supafast.” Instead it’s a short glide that makes it a few hundred feet before collapsing to the ground and only then if you launch off an elevated position. Testers have all given resounding feedback and now on Alpha people won’t even hotbar it because it’s completely useless in all zones.

Not fast like Dragonriding in the Dragon Isles and now much slower than standard flying in old zones. The percentage of speed fools people into thinking otherwise but because of the mechanics behind it Soar does not function very well compared to flying, druids, or mage portals.

It isn’t “manufactured outrage” either. People are mad because Blizzard received overwhelming feedback, did the complete opposite and then refused to communicate with players. Pretending to be too mature to care doesn’t make you better than the thousands of people upset about it either, it just makes you pretentious.

Welcome to the conversation.

12 Likes

All this salt over a racial is so so delicious. Never change GD.

2 Likes

You’re right! Sounds like what I’ve read has been incorrect.

Is it also pretentious to be mature enough to freely admit when I am wrong? :roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

Only under the right conditions, and with constant input from the player. It’s not press spacebar, autorun, and go twice as fast while you tab over to Youtube. They are very different mechanically.

It’s called a racial ability, but that race and class are the same thing. So if you think of it as a class ability, it is no more gamebreaking than druid flight form or mage portals.

Their other racials are literally modified by the class talent tree, so that goes to show the design intent that they are one and the same.

5 Likes

Extremely. In fact I could get in trouble even saying the word “maturity”

1 Like

How are you still falling for the “We’ve changed and are listening to player feedback” lie before every expansion?

Like literally in the testing phase for every new expansion this happens…Are you new here?

2 Likes