Soar speed nerfed by 30%

Its impossible to find areas of agreement with you though because you genuinely dont know how it works. Your every argument is that Dragonriding and Soar need to be removed because you like the old system better depsite having never tried the new one. Where is there room for compromise with that?

The MoP world bosses have invulnerable timers for the first 10 seconds they are alive. This was a change made because people were one shotting them and Blizz wanted to make sure everyone going for it could get a tag.

It’s almost as if they gave a flight ability where flying is availible. Imagine if a druid could fly in a dungeon, everyone would just play druids or kick you from the group if you don’t play one.

“whether that’s Chromie Time quests, clearing old raids for transmog, pet battling” - Blizzard

This is sound and logical reasoning. /nod

Again, you’re welcome to your opinion and I respect it, but I disagree with you when it comes to Dragonriding. I think it is superior, and I want to see it rolled out across the board.

Maybe they could create a toggle style option at an NPC (like the flying trainer) allowing you to choose between using dragonriding and not for those who absolutely prefer the current system of flying.

I know that it doesn’t function like the current model of flight available throughout the rest of the game. Given that this new style of flight demands much more interaction, that is bad and not something I want to see polluting the rest of the game.

Dragonflight is its own beast, and the dragonriding experiment can absolutely linger around in there just fine, but it doesn’t belong outside of it.

Again, based on the points I’ve laid out above, how is the system not a nerf to mounts like Gyrocopters?

Yeah when a Dracthyr can get there a full 30 seconds before you can, it’s not really going to matter if the boss has a 10 second invulnerability timer, they’re still going to die 20 seconds before you get there on your regular flying mount.

Are you both at a starting line with someone ready to say go?? How many times I’ve been a few seconds late to a kill before Dracthy is quite a bit. I’ve never have seen the Sha just chilling there for someone to bonk, it’s always people waiting for it to spawn. It’s like yelling at someone going 10 miles faster and passing you just to stop at the same light.

People are upset that their Dracthyr will only be able to fly at 640% speed? Do you guys realize that that is still very, very fast?

Jeez. Chill out.

Nothing I’ve said is opinion though. It’s not an opinion that right now, my Gyrocopter is capable of hovering in place with no input or attention necessary from me. It’s not an opinion that, right now, my Gyrocopter is going to function until I decide to turn it off. It’s not an opinion that, right now, my Gyrocopter requires no input on my behalf to do its function; keep me in the air.

Adding Dragonriding mechanics to it would remove all three of those factors and make it worse. Why would I welcome that?!

We’re upset we’ve been giving feedback about Soar’s ridiculous long cooldown (5 freaking minutes) and they reply saying they’re nerfing the speed. While maintaining the stupid cooldown.

5 Likes

Okay that one, i really didn’t get why they said something about pet battling. That sounds like to me that ninja’ing battle pets was a thing, and that they were using soar to make it faster. Because i have no other explanation of why they said that.

whether that’s Chromie Time quests, clearing old raids for transmog, pet battling, etc.

…Who Ninja’s Rabbits?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yeah like it feels like their just making excuses for the change like they also included Chromie time which like Dracthyr won’t be able to do as a hero class which I feel just adds to the problem like if they had atleast changed the cooldown whilst they were at it like people have been requesting since the start doubt people would be this mad

2 Likes

So much this. I wouldn’t even care if they reduced the speed down to 410% if that meant we would get rid off that pesky CD.

3 Likes

Well considering that I have literally never seen a mechagnome anywhere in WoW guessing the outrage probably happened for good reason like see Vulpera everywhere with people making them like constantly

1 Like

Think you mean BFA 3.0

Try opening your eyes then.

The fact that people are even slightly supporting the nerf to Soar speed is insane to me. First off, who cares. If you’re farming old content and a Dracthyr is flying faster than you, then so be it. It’s not the end of the world, you’re farming old content, get over it.

Second to that, it’s a 5 minute CD. If we’re going to have a “nerfed” version of Dragonriding as a racial, at least drop the CD, because now I not only have no reason to go into old zones and fly around (it’s slow and not as exciting), but if I do I’ll have to wait 5 minutes between flying sessions. What’s the point?

This was something I, along with many others, were incredibly excited for but horrible baseless opinions have completely destroyed that :joy: so much for enjoying the only part of DF that actually had my attention - looks like the once-a-week old content farmers get their way.

7 Likes

In the dragon isles, you will have the dragon mounts for dragon riding, which have both: no CD, and don’t have this speed change.

Lmao blizzard is so out of touch, what a joke of a company.

1 Like

Please revert this change.

Seriously how sad is it that they took universal praise and decided “it must suck, make it slow and boring! Thats what they want!”

4 Likes