Soar Nerf is good for the game

Armchair game designers tunnel visioning on alpha numbers because they only care about the new and shiny are why WoW shouldn’t be design by player committee.

The game needs balance for those people who don’t want to play scalies. 1/13 classes shouldn’t be the only thing the game is designed around.

13 Likes

8 Likes

I’m curious on what your take is for why Soar needs to be “balanced” in a way that diminishes its uptime and usefulness.

7 Likes

So that people doing old content are at least on a somewhat equal footing in terms of efficiency for time spent. Soar is already incredibly OP compared to what other races can do.

2 Likes

Soo shouldn’t they just make dragon riding available outside the dragon isles, put soar back at it’s old speed, and then everyone would be on the same playing field?

32 Likes

If you think it should take max level characters as long to travel between point A and point B as level 10’s with slow riding, that’s beyond hilarious.

Claiming that combat balance between different classes and specs is somehow going to be positively affected by this change is beyond silly.

3 Likes

No it’s not. It’s nerfing where they should be buffing. This is a universally reviled change all across alpha.

16 Likes

Honestly the best option right here

6 Likes

Dragon riding is an experimental feature and adding it to the entire game would be committing to keeping it around forever. Blizzard has to ensure the whole community actually wants dragon riding in the whole game (which also will make old mounts close to obsolete since they aren’t rigged for dragon riding animations). They said they’re open to idea already, but until it happens it’s a DI only thing.

I can’t believe this isn’t obvious.

4 Likes

Possibly but community would have to give feed back on that like you pointed out later.

Right and time will tell on that. We’ll see if they keep it DI only or make it available everywhere.

It was and I was just throwing out a possible suggestion you do not have to be rude.

2 Likes

It’s a pity people like OP want to use alpha content for their troll posts. That’s just bad faith trolling imo.

11 Likes

Lol Scalies.

1 Like

Armchair game designers tunnel visioning on alpha numbers because they only care about the new and shiny are why WoW shouldn’t be design by player committee.

The game needs balance for those people who don’t want to play scalies. 1/13 classes shouldn’t be the only thing the game is designed around.

But it now travels like 610 speed which is faster than epic 410 flight. Need to nerf it even more, players can still have some fun it. :dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

I can just use the Scouting toys on any of my alts, which unlocks every flightpath in every expansion in history.

Being faster and efficient to travel between raids, battle pets, etc would be utilizing a combination of Flightpaths, portals in SW/Org to get as close to your destination choice as possible than using Soar would.

Even before the reduction to the cooldown that was made in phase 5, it’s still a very niche ability in terms of travelling vast distances efficiently. You need to have verticality in order to travel vast distances. If you’re in a zone like the Dustwallow Marsh for Onyxia’s lair, you’re gonna have a hard time finding a tall area to leap from. Sure, hop on a flying mount, fly to Thousand Needles, but that isn’t fast or efficient.

I can literally give probably about 2-3 more examples that would be faster than using the Soar ability in terms of traversing old world content as or more efficiently, but I don’t really need to get into it because most people already know how to do it.

If you feel that it legitimately is detrimental to the experience, then by all means, have your opinion, I’ll just make sure to list things like this to Blizzard as counter-arguments.

As I’ve said many other times before though, if they decide not to change it, it’s not game breaking or going to ruin the expansion, but it still makes the ability much less fun to use, so people should feel free to express that if they feel that way.

17 Likes

You’re tunnel visioning your own experience and knowledge. The common case isn’t a player who knows every toy, has everything unlocked, etc. The balance has to be there for the base experience.

Do drakthyr start at level 58 normally or is that an alpha thing? I can’t log into alpha to look rn

1 Like

Evokers [Thus Drakthyr] are a hero-class who start at level 58. They have their own introduction zone and then will ready for the new Dragonflight Zone. Currently as it stands, there aren’t going to be any Drakthyr under 58 - this may be subject to change if they take on other classes in further expansions.

5 Likes

Who’s base the supposed new people ?

The way you all talk about soar I wonder why the push isn’t just to replace it altogether