Soar for Demon Hunters

I want Shaman soar since we are masters of the elements and control the winds.

But I want Rogue soar since they are masters of shadow magic and can ride the shadows beneath the clouds.

But I’d like Warrior soar because it makes sense that they could just leap from Valdrakken to the Emerald Dream.

But I’d also like Mage soar since they could just summon an arcane whirlwind to carry them.

But I’m just coming up with anything now because I can rationalize the need for anything I want in the game.

I think you mean “Consensually surrendered back to there original users with a smile on our faces”

It’s ok. Lots of warlocks get confused by the situation. ^.^

Anyway, I agree with demon hunters getting soar. Would love it. Won’t be mad if it don’t happen tho.

Same. Obviously not angry to not have it. Just occurred to me that it would be “fun” to fly around the world in a blaze of felfire.

That would be a great idea if they actually created the model for male Dracthyr, or masculine Dracthyr, but that isn’t really the case unfortunately.

3 Likes

I think they should give us DH a small quest chain to unlock flight, meta customization and hooves option:

A bronze dragon becomes aware of an alternate reality when either Gul’dan or some powerful demon is about to do something disastrous or perhaps a powerful artifact is about to fall into the wrong hands.
Illidan is away so the dragon will send the next best thing at combating demons (the player character)
We go, we do what we do best.
The best option to keep the whatever out of the wrong hands is to consume the skull, demon heart or absorb the objects power.

Boom.
Permanent wings option unlocked.
Hooves option unlocked.
Fel-stalker dreadlocks unlocked.
Clawed fingers and toes option unlocked.
Metamorphosis customization unlocked.
And the big one…

Soar (like dracthyr)
1:1 reskinned equivalent spell.
2 second cast where we go meta and launch into the sky. It has 10 second cooldown that starts after launch.
Meta lasts for duration of flight.
When you land shadows surround and swirl obscuring the transformation back into non-meta form.

1 Like

Playable dreadlords confirmed

There’s nothing more terrifying than a fel crazed demonic elf zooming through the air overhead looking for something to fel rush.

Naw, nope, no, no way. You got what they got and we have what we have, and it is so stay that way lol

That would be amazing! I wish we could focus on having fun in the game, not just the meta. That sounds like really cool class fantasy, I really hope it is implemented.

1 Like

I could see a more limited version of Soar, especially to make up for having only 2 specs.

Agree completely. For me, the difference is demon hunters are not actually demons… more like they’re possessed by (or mentally imprison?) one whose powers they use when needed. Compare to Dracthyr ARE actually dragons, with wings which are capable of actual flight.

IMO, it would be silly for demon hunters to be able to fly with their borrowed wings. I’m plenty fine with gliding and, more to the point of what I quoted from Crowxar’s post, I would not trade away my double jump on my demon hunter for flight capability. It’s fine and makes complete sense (IMO) demon hunters and Dracthyr are different.

Didn’t they sacrifice everything?

I dont see how, were not Illidan. We didnt make a full on deal to become a demon, only half-demon with the demon powers being temporary. But I would like that.

you kid but these all sound sick as hell

2 Likes

Haven’t DHs stolen enough from other classes?

DHs never had the ability to fly, only glide.
It’d make no sense to give that to them now.

So long as it’s an option. The worst thing about derpthyr is the fact that you can see their wings all the time. The best thing about DH is the the wings only pop out when you actually need them.

Ahh… time to step in and drop some info again :smiley:

Illidan didn’t get the power until he absorbed said power from the Skull of Guldan, a Warlock. In Nighthold, Guldan uses his own version of Metamorphisis, thus proving Guldan had the ability to do so all along.

Ipso facto, Meta is a Warlock original skill, and Demon Hunters stole it.

But that’s ok, lots of Demon Hunters get confused by the situation :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I personally finding playing DH weird but that aside Soar could work for them. They literally have wings and Illidan flew just fine with tattered wings.

It wasn’t long ago that Dracthyr were given the option to fly. So should the other winged class.

Incorrect. He uses an item called the Eye of Aman’Thul to transform. Warlocks don’t have meta.

(I hate to be saying this because I am more on the Warlock > DH side of the fence).

Sounds like fake news to me. But Demon Hunters as a whole thank you for surrendering our iconic ability back to us. We really appreciate it.