So you want a level squish, eh?

Bethesda games have never really been anywhere close to balanced though tbh.

Why are you assuming those two groups are one in the same? I never advocated for it, but I would be okay with it. I don’t think a whole lot would change, but I was never for scaling.

It won’t stop at a level squish either - those guys still won’t be happy. And guess what most of them will go and play classic as well and the rest of us will be stuck with this mess.

Just curious how many characters you levelled up since 7.3.5 ?

8 ish give or take 1

From lvl 1 to 120 ? Since 7.3.5 ?

“World Scaling”, what does that mean to you? Other people have not used that term.

Level scaling in old zones has removed all sense of progression from leveling. Every trash pack is the same as the previous one and the next one. Tens of thousands of identical trash packs.

And gear, well, gearing during leveling has been so homogenized there is nothing whatever to get excited about.

3 Likes

From 1 till I finished nazmir on them yeah.

Being usually 105, however that’s only due to not feeling like finishing to gear them once at 120, and moving onto my next project.

You must be pretty happy with the leveling now to have leveled that many. What would level squish add to things ?

It would add nothing but a waste of dev resources.

2 Likes

Changing the number of levels from 120 to 60 or something along those lines seems like it would be fine. The game lacks a feeling of progression for long stretches of character levels and compressing that would be a good way to make the process feel smoother and less daunting.

I agree with you on that. Furthermore, the people who still aren’t currently happy with leveling I don’t think will be any happier because they are looking for something they lost somewhere along the way and don’t really know what it was.

I’ve leveled a dwarf 1-120 on this account, a DiD 20-120, have another DiD at 60, a goblin at 43. Presuming that someone is happy with leveling simply because they do it more than once is rather silly.

Download Azeroth Autopilot and leveling is pretty much exactly that: autopilot. You don’t really pay any attention to the process, just the results.

A squish could improve the process, thus making it more rewarding to pay attention to the leveling experience instead of ignoring it in a rush to end game as well as making for a better and more marketable experience to attract new players.

He didn’t correct me so I am not sure what your problem is.

I leveled up one character since 7.3.5. and I hate zone scaling - nothing is going to fix that and for me the level squish will make things worse not better in that regard.

Prior to 7.3.5, I leveled up over 20 characters fully and probably another 20 partially. I liked leveling then.

Actually, I have a question for you. Why do you think they keep going back to the old leveling content to ‘fix’ things ? Do you not think they have numbers indicating ‘x’ people were leveling up prior to 7.3.5 and ‘x’ people were leveling up after and can see even with all the allied races large numbers just refuse to do that crappy content.

Leveling sucks, but it was even worse pre 7.3.5. Not being able to finish quest zones without severely cutting your XP is terrible design, and the stat squish completely ruins gear progression from 60-90. My level 60 has bracers with 12 agility, and my level 90 has bracers with 12 agility. This was still the case pre 7.3.5. Where is the progression?

All level scaling did was open up more options for us. We can now do Gnomeregan at level 50 and be rewarded, we can now level in Westfall at level 50 and be rewarded, and we can now choose to ignore the entirety of TBC and be rewarded!

Why can’t we just wait to see what will happen without claiming that the sky is falling? Squishing levels opens up the possibility of a new talent system and better ability progression… Squishing levels opens up the possibility of us being able to skip the linear WoD leveling or broken and meaningless Legion leveling.

I hate World Scaling. I rather pay a game with power progression.

I would really hate this.

1 Like

World scaling eliminated any real feel of progression while leveling. It’s probably the worst decision Blizzard ever made, basically making the game pointless for new players and limiting them to ever shrinking fractions of the existing pool of players.

1 Like

I don’t need to wait and see. I know it will be worse for me not better. There is literally nothing in there that is a benefit for me. I don’t care about getting an ability for hitting lvl 10 and for hitting lvl 15. I literally couldn’t care less if I only used 3 abilities ever in this game.

My arcane mage at level 120 mostly use arcane blast unless I am forced to use the others because no mana. My feral has to use 5-6 abilities continually to kill things. I don’t find my feral any more rewarding to play than my mage, in fact the exact opposite - using more means more tedious gameplay.

Well I guess I’m one of the few that actually like the idea of a level squish and I also like level scaling. The level 120 is daunting for new players and has no meaning to a lot of veteran players. Idk how it will turn out but I am all for it.

1 Like

I play a game where it takes on average 5 years of steady play to hit max level of 75. It isn’t the number it is the time it takes to progress though each level. New players have played enough games to know that.