So why not just toss in Rated BGs?

i will do a quick look, but im about to go to bed so im not looking for more than a few mins.

i wouldn’t lie about this. they said it was just how it was worded.

There are no rating requirements to wear the gear, just to purchase it. Even than the gear itself will be exclusive to the elites creating a deflated arena population.

ok i found it. didn’t take long.

i tried to post the link but it says i can’t post links. I will just copy and paste. it is on wowhead blue tracker. I just opened google and did a search for " blizzard clarifies rating being required to equip gear.

Blizzard

Maybe the post is worded incorrectly

It was indeed worded incorrectly.

I’ve struck the words “and equip” from this note: All PvP gear will have consistent personal rating requirements to purchase.You don’t need to retain rating to equip an item, rating is only required to purchase it. I’ve also added the following PvP notes: At least 50 games played are required to qualify for a seasonal reward.There are no rating requirements to purchase Arena gear from a previous season.Season 1 gladiator weapons that were added in patch 2.1 (Gladiator’s Gavel, Gladiator…This is correct. During Season 2, there will no longer be a rating requirement to purchase Season 1 gear.

I would be all for RBGS i prefer objectives based gameplay over arena.

3 Likes

Im not one for many changes, but some new changes like rbgs would be amazing

1 Like

RBGs would be interesting. I always hated arena. I used to do it just for conquest so I could get a PvP set and then go into BGs where the actual fun PvP lives.

The arena system in TBCC not only sucks for casuals because of rating requirements on gear, I think it will suck horribly because of the team requirements and point allocation system.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/personal-arena-rating-should-be-for-buying-gear-only/954929/11

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-beta-notes-may-4/938907/6

3 Likes

:+1:

Tencharas

RBG’s would be great. RBG’s were always some of the most fun PvP I ever had. and your meet so many good friends and pvp teammates.

BRING RBGS BLIZZARD NOW!

1 Like

Even back then I never understood why RBGs were never a thing in BC or Wotlk. I think it’d be a cool add

1 Like

The game was still in its infant stage in these 2 expansions. PvP did not really come fully alive until Cata/MOP. Those were 2 best PvP expansions.

Rated BGs in TBC would be acceptable, as long as you can’t earn PvP titles from doing it.

Then this just proves you read the very first thing from someone that wasn’t a true source of information and went with it thinking it was true and started complaining about it before putting an effort into making sure it’s correct.

Obviously you shouldn’t be able to earn Gladiator or Duelist from RBGs…but you should be able to continue ranking up in some fashion like Hero of the Horde titles or General/Warlord.

Are they though?

Considering that this system will at least halve the player base playing arenas because most will not see the point trying to get PvP gear when they just need to log in to raid to get their set much faster and much easier and considering that the grind to reach the weapon (which is the most satisfying equipment to buy from arena vendors) will take weeks long for 90% of the player base?

There are many changes I don’t care much about or I don’t mind. But these arenas changes are really bad for the entire community.

1 Like

No. This is actually a good thing and you are proving it.

People play the game to gear their characters. That is the driving force of the whole game. People have shown that they will do content that they absolutely despise if it gives them an upgrade to their gear.

Wow is successful when the content to gain gear is enjoyed by the player. They are improving their character and having fun while doing it.

If half of the player base is now going to not do arenas, you are correct, its because they now see an even easier way of getting gear, raiding. Those that chose to do arenas are those that actually enjoy it. They will be having fun and attempting to gear improve their character.

I think it would be rare if there are players that do not enjoy raiding and also do not enjoy arenas. Those players should probably not be playing at all which i am guessing they will eventually quit.

That would severely undercut 5’s rewards.
I actually like RBG’s but they have no place in TBC

First time? Ever since I got here the sky has been falling for one reason or another. I bought my 70$ Bobby Kottick proof umbrella though so it can’t hurt me!

Why do RBGS have no place in TBC? Is that opinion? Because they sure can have a place in TBC. So they can have a place in cata/Mop etc but not TBC? Thats not an argument LOL.

2 Likes

I disagree completely with your take here. You can certainly have fun running arenas casually with a couple friends and eventually save to buy a piece of gear you know will be hard to upgrade elsewhere. Right now if that happens to be the weapon or shoulders you likely know its out of reach for you and your friends before you even try. You can enjoy both.

All that is happening with this change is removing the people who might like it or enjoy it sometimes from being able to work towards something in arena. They won’t have people of ~ skill level to compete against. They will just get thrown to the wolves so to speak and they will likely quit playing it as they get shiit stomped. Without this change they would likely face people of ~ skill level and they would improve and may come to like playing arenas.

“Nothing has a place in TBC unless (I) personally like it”

Seems to be the general consensus around here.

No fun allowed.

2 Likes