So why can't I have pre nerf pets?

Why can’t they be as they were until AQ releases (Phase 5) just like Vanilla did at the time?

It was part of the game and its a fun part of the Hunter experience. Lupos for example is strong but completely negated by a shadow absorb potion so there is counters for the prepared.

Why this of all things has to be changed?

Because we’re getting the systems due to the fact that Blizzard simply doesn’t have pre-1.12 data and doesn’t want to manually rebalance.

7 Likes

We’re getting 1.12 gameplay. Reverting pets would be the “change” you speak of.

Manually adjusting 5-10 wild pets isn’t that monumental of a task dontchya think?

2 Likes

You mean “rebalancing the game” right? There’s a larger effect than just “my pets are more powerful” because it raises Hunters compared to every other class.

1 Like

???

I’m talking about rare spawns that either did or didn’t keep their respective schools of magic/abilities whether they were tamed or not. They changed it with a simple patch back in the day, it wasn’t a complete rebalancing.

And they changed it because it gave Hunters too much of an advantage over other classes… aka Rebalancing.

The simplest fix was to remove the overpoweredness, so they did. You want to revert that which means buffing all the other classes instead.

That’s how balance works.

1 Like

“daddy I want a pet that bypasses all warrior armor in pvp and will do over 150 dps so I can afk in raids and warsong gulch”

5 Likes

It’s an astronomically difficult task. Harder than returning to the moon. You should be ashamed of suggesting this when the devs are trying their hardest just to give us a nice Classic.

You’re not picking up what I’m putting down.

You’ve acknowledged it happened which is great, but for some reason your being selective on what should/shouldn’t happen with #Nochanges

It’s not an exploit and wasn’t game destroying, it was part of the game.

3 Likes

Did you read the blue quote that Eloraell posted? It specifically is picking up what you are putting down.

2 Likes

*you’re.

And no, I’m not being selective. I’m saying that we’re getting 1.12 Systems, across the board. Because that’s what Blizzard have said we’re getting, and I think its a good decision.

You are trying to franken patch the game, by having 1.12 balance for every other class, yet cherry pick a power re-increase for your hunter pet.

Classic is not a cherry pick of abilities from different patches slapped together. Its progressive content with 1.12 systems, leading in CP6 to 1.12 across the board.

Your desire is not a justification for them to break that paradigm, because you would be making the game more unbalanced than it was at the time of 1.12.

Classic might not be what some people wanted when they signed the petition, but given that everyone wanted different things, you can’t please them all. Blizzard chose a means by which they can give an authentic experience at a given point in time, and they’re going with it.

6 Likes

Ashamed?

I don’t think its too odd of a request to say PLEASE EXPLAIN especially when they’ve been spot on in regards to no changes.

The blue post linked above says what their intentions are, but it doesn’t explain why Hunter pets of all things need to be changed.

All I’m getting in this thread is personal opinion. No one can justify the change.

They’re going with 1.12 mechanics on everything.
Alterac Valley
Itemization
Talent Trees
What makes you think they’d have pre 1.9 pets?

This is a good reason, real reason thread.
Is there a good reason you want to have pets being unique? Sure, it gives them flavor.
Is there a real reason you want to have pets being unique? Sure, you want to be overpowered in PvP.

2 Likes

The blue post tells you what they’re doing. The “WHY” is because that’s how it was in 1.12

If you expect them to go over every single patch adjustment from 1.1 to 1.12 and make a debate then announcement on every single one, I hope you’re ready for Classic in Summer 2035.

What they’re doing is “no changes”. You want a change.

And therein lies the problem. You want a change, and expect everyone to justify a negative. The baseline is 1.12.

Feel free to justify your change before telling everyone else they’re wrong for comprehending what Blizzard is writing in their blue posts.

EDIT: How do you feel about AV 1.12?

5 Likes

Huh? I’m not asking for change, blizz did it.

I’m asking for Hunter pets to behave as they did until AQ release, which would be phase 5 here.

You act as if they are completely powerless to do so. They play coy, but they know their game better than anyone.

You’re asking for a change from what Blizzard has said they’re delivering. Therefore you have to justify why that change needs to be included.

For example, Loot Trading was going to be in all instances. Players convinced Blizzard to only put it in Raids, since there’s so many negatives to having it in 5-mans.

You are not the baseline, Blizzard is. You want something different to what they’re delivering, so you have to justify it. Not us.

3 Likes

So you want them to give you just that one thing you want for the class you want to play. What about other classes that other people are going to play?

1 Like

No I asked for justification for changing Hunter pets when they’ve been on the ball with everything else in regards to no changes.

They even made an announcement on Warlock pet behaviour as it applies to Vanilla…

No I’m saying it should be as is.

We’re just going to keep going round and round because you’re not reading any responses to your demands.

Hunter Pets will be configured at 1.12 just like everything else

Because all the private server weenies were trying to prove they were wrong, and Blizzard slapped them down and pointed out how bad Private Servers were. You are literally the only person making this demand, so you get the easy mode smackdown from other players.

2 Likes