So where’s all the frost DK at?

I haven’t fought or grouped with one in ages. What gives

2 Likes

I did a M+ on my frost DK last night.

1 Like

Well that’s one

1 Like

I won’t lie though, I was just trying it out as I’m normally UH, which I also don’t enjoy for M+ I far enjoy my Ret / Warrior for M+. UH and Frost AOE aren’t bad, but my gear isn’t amazing by anymeans (450) or so, but UH is a lot of work in lower M+ for the numbers you get from AOE, and frost just isn’t fun to me to spam Frost scythe really…

Maybe that's why you don't see them much.

I’ve been debating whether to play pally or dk for shadowlands (currently shaman main) but lately I’ve been enjoying ret pally more than frost dk. With both my dk and pally being alts, they both have crappy gear, but my ret has more optimal essences so I just stick with ret. I’ll most likely main monk in shadowlands…:hugs:

I live in BGs. :grinning:

5 Likes

The spec is gimicky and kind of scuffed compared to Unholy. The damage patterns aren’t very fun. Obliterate and Frost Strike hit like wet noodles and auto attack and frost fever damage are way too high. The only spells that actually deal punchy damage are Breath of Sindragosa, Sindragosa’s Fury, Pillar of Frost if you have 3 Frostwhelp, Breath of the Dying, and Chains of Ice.

All of the damage comes from 45s+ cooldowns or passive damage. There’s very little DPS reward for good moment to moment play and resource management.

If you remember the days of backbreaking Frost Strike and Obliterate criticals, Frost is nothing like that anymore.

6 Likes

I play frost and love it. Working on gearing still.

1 Like

Frost is still here, it’s still strong, it just doesn’t have all the utility of unholy. It’s more like a ret pally, raw dps. You can top the bgs in dmg and kbs as Frost all day, but that lack of utility that unholy has is a big factor

They’re all hiding behind the “at”…:yum:

I would say the expansion is winding down and a lot of people have what they want if they were playing a frost dk. I would suspect people are more interested in Shadowlands at this point in time.

1 Like

I’m lurking around the forums mostly.
My goal for 8.3 was getting the “The Faceless One” title and after getting it and seeing that Shadowlands is giving me the real Frost back, I haven’t really had any desire to play.

8.3 is kind of boring.

3 Likes

This kind of killed it for me too.

Been playing my shaman more, but they is also getting some seemingly nice SL changes. So I was levelling an affliction lock for PVP (i know lol), but that also looks to be changing for the better.

2 Likes

I am frost DK and right here been leveling my cute Vulpera.

Fur the Horde :fox_face:

Yo! I’m frost main.

Frosty here hoping for more changes in the coming months and playing ok so far

Frost DK here. Love the spec. Acknowledge that Unholy has better DPS for the most part but I’m sticking with Frost and am sticking with two 1 handers in SL too :crazy_face:

Frost DKs are eternally depressed because they know they will never be real death knights like us unholy ones.

4 Likes

I leveled one during confinement and now I’m playing end game on it, Frost is by far the most fun to me. I really enjoy popping Pillar and remorseless winter and going ham spending runes. Also in my experience DK has top tier Azerite traits in terms of design compared to other classes, the frost ones are pretty fun and impactful. Breath is pretty fun too, I know that’s unpopular but hey

I’m here and enjoying her so much!