So what is the best Covenant for a Outlaw Rogue?

I was looking at all the Covenant cosmetics, like Armor and Mounts, and the one that impresses me most is the Venthyr covenant.

The mount Blanchy’s Reins looks pretty nice, but I see a lot of Rogues going Night Fae.

I’m two levels away from 60 and I would appreciate your take on this.

Nightfae is currently the best. Niya for raids and koralyn for mythic plus.

2 Likes

Is it that much of a difference in Dps output from Night Fae as opposed to Venthyr?

Most of the high end outlaws are Kyrian.

i feel like its pretty similar, though with Koralyn’s first talent thing he might be a little bit better. the top 100 rogues in m+ according to raider io are pretty much an even mismatch of kyrian or night fae
none of our class abilities offensively do sht

1 Like

It’s because they don’t want to regrind the levels.

Nightfae is the top

Kyrian has a better class ability, and a niche signature ability, and a slightly worse soulbind compared to a nightfae.

While Nightfae has a better soulbind tree, a niche signature ability and an okay class ability.

Go whichever you think suits your playstyle, as Kyrian playstyle is a bit more clunky than a Nightfae cos of their class ability, meanwhile Nightfae Class ability acts as an additional DPS cooldown for you.

2 Likes

Wait until you tea party.

Ive never had a worse experience in WoW then that. There is no way I would subject myself to that for two more years.

3 Likes

Most high-end everything whose covenants aren’t dictated to them by exceptionally powerful abilities are kyrian because of Pelagos.

Kyrian would be better choice overall if you’re doing bit of keystones.

NF/Kyrian is like .5% difference, venthyr/necro was around 2%.

The obvious choice is venthyr tho because of their sick mog and their ability is getting a buff as well.

Covenants:
Kyrian is the overall best covenant choice for Outlaw currently.
Night Fae is technically a 0-5 dps increase on PURE st, but Kyrian ends up breaking even on st, and ends up in advantage in cleave encounters.
Night Fae is the strongest covenant for M+ if you chose to go Celerity as your legendary.
Kyrian is the strongest covenant for M+ if you chose to go Master Assassin as your legendary.
Both setups are within 0.3% dps of each other, so if you focus on M+ it’s hard to go wrong with either.

“Why does Wowhead suggest Night Fae, but the top logs use Kyrian?”
Mainly due to the fact that Kyrian was stronger early on, and most of the high end players took the advantage early, and can’t be bothered to swap for how small of a dps difference the covenant choices are

All 4 covenants are still within 2% of each other regardless.

ST yes, aoe no. Burrs is like 80 dps increase over kyrians best ST but MA+KS with hammer of genesis is stronger in M+ than Cel+BR with tactics and first strike. People also aren’t switching because Kyrian is set to outscale NF in the future on ST. If Kyrian ends up becoming full BIS again then you just get punished for switching covenants now if you want to end up switching back later.

Except we don’t even use Pelagos on ST or AOE so…

1 Like

I mean what are you aiming for? None of our covenants are amazing or broken like some other classes. And cov balance will likely be yoyoing back and forth for the rest of the expansion.

Fae has a nice movement ability plus some good soul binds but sepsis is fairly meh all around.

Kyrian ability can hit nicely for some and Pelago’s used to carry the soulbinds but now they’re just average.

Venthyr get a new rework to their ability that looks better but TBD, and the port can be a nice added mobility.

Necro…well, the bone spike animation looks cool.

At the end of the day you’re talking about a few hundred points of DPS in simulations. Unless you’re pushing for the absolute top tier content (little late if lvl 58), the choice is mostly irrelevant for rogues in general.

Personally I went necro for Emeni’s agil buff in M+. Adds to the rotation and gives a pretty steady stream of agility and combo points, but nothing to write home about. The shield is about to be brought to some usefulness though so there’s that.

1 Like

I would go Necro if not for the transmog. I was hoping for something like those spider people have, then I might actually look like an assassin

1 Like

Leather really got the shaft this expansion so far. I love all the Cloth, Mail and Plate. That Venthyr cloth is so damn good-looking.

Hopefully Blizz will honor their word and give us tier sets again.

2 Likes

Necro plate is just :pinching_hand: and I’m ashamed that my paladin does a lot better with Kyr or Venth

The only remotely good leathers are kyr or venth, and fae is just druid city

1 Like

Just finished Revendreth and hit 60 yesterday, man I’m a fan of the Halloween type areas, I loved Drustvar and I’m liking Revendreth a lot, thinking about going Venthyr.

What you guys think?

1 Like

I don’t think you should choose based on the zone or the transmog. I barely spend any time in my zone or sanctum, and I wouldn’t be caught dead in any of the covenant mogs.

When they’re all as close as they are for us, I’d pick the one that has the abilities that are most fun for you to use personally. You’re the one that has to play with these.

I tried them all when leveling. Kyrian combo point schtick was gimmicky, though not as bad as I’d anticipated. But it’s one more thing to pay attention to, and I don’t need that.

Venthyr ability felt awful. Everything died too quickly for me to get any real use out of it. I don’t know if the rework fixes any of that.

I enjoyed the NL abilities the most. The charges made the dot fun to play with, and the extra defensive was nice, but both were super underwhelming numbers wise.

NF is boring, but it works, and I love the added mobility from soulshape. It makes us hands down one of the fastest classes.

I may give Kyrian a go at some point. As mentioned, being the other three can make getting into M+ easier. There are so many NF, we can’t really rely on that for that purpose.

1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/266712108861751296/813817458464260126/unknown.png

These are the current sims that came out last night based on the flag changes on the PTR. Venthyr is 100% viable with the rework.

1 Like

Kyrian feels the best to me. Echoing reprimand fills in the gaps when you inevitably become energy starved. I also really like the utility of the soulbinds. Mikanikos sims higher than the night fae soulbinds in m+ for me. Stewed phial is so useful too.

I would say go with what you want, if you aren’t trying to min max.