So what class will you main now?

So what class will you main now that DH is dead lol?

If you think DH’s are dead, I wonder how you feel about Monks.

6 Likes

DH is still fun with the double jump and glide so I wouldn’t call it dead. The play style is still fun.

I will keep play my survival hunter as it is the most fun spec to me. Screw the numbers.

3 Likes

It’ll take more than a few nerfs to disuade a dedicated illidari from their duties!

6 Likes

DH, because it isn’t dead. Soon, every caster will be sucking up to us.
Yaaa Mage, Lock, Priest, Druid, Pally … you want that buff don’t ya?
S’ok… you can say it. We know.

2 Likes

Lord Illidan would be disappointed in your lack of faith troll.

Some damage nerfs and some (kinda deserved) survivability nerfs?
Big deal lol.

If you think we’re “dead” because of that then you seriously underestimate how busted this class is at it’s core, even in SL.

• Did they take our utility? No.
  • Did they take our mobility? No.
  • Did they give us a despell on imo aura and an AoE mortal strike? Yes.
  • Is our short defensive cd still good against melee? Yes.
  • Do we still have numerous options to invalidate any melee that comes at us? Yes.
  • Do Demonic Appetite soul frags still provide plenty of self healing? Yes.
  • Are we still nearly immortal gods when it comes to world content? Yes.
  • Are we still the best anti healer class in the game due to mana rift? Yes.
  • Are we still the only anti-stealth class? Yes.
  • Do we still have some of the highest consistently available burst AoE in the game? Yes.
  • Are they still designing raid fights where our insane mobility makes us insanely valuable? Yes.
  • Do we still carry that stupid debuff that buffs most classes? Yes.
  • Do we still have Darkness? Yep.

I’m actually a bit afraid of posting this reply because looking at it now we may still be too strong. Blizzard ignore this!

BEGONE DOOMSAYER, BEGONE

4 Likes

Rogue. Broken since the beginning of time and no one complains about them half as much as they do DH.

9 Likes

Sssshh! you will make they nerf us even more. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Because everyone plays them lol

3 Likes

Probably DK, It all depends on how bad the DH is, I’ll level up the two of them and make the decision there.

That said, if DH Havoc would benefit from some mechanic like “killing machine” or similar, it would automatically be more interesting than it is now.

Haven’t decided. Once SL hits I’ll level my dh, dk, druid and rogue. Figure best tank I like for m+ and best dps. Other two be my gatherers.

Well the Druid should ALWAYS be a gatherer

2 Likes

Meh with mounts equipment ECT. Doesn’t matter as much.

I don’t expect any additional changes to the DH baseline toolkit, so my shadow priest. They look hella fun.

I’ll still alt dh, but the skill cap is far too low to justify it being my main for yet another expansion

Demonhunter, paladin, Deathknight and druid.

DH, Lock, Druid, DK are currently my top picks

But maybe swap druid and dk for rogue and monk haven’t fully committed to my alts.

Allow me a quick rebuttal:

• Their utility is good, not great.
  • Of all the classes in the game, DH is actually one of the easiest to shut out of mobility.
  • The dispel on immo aura is conditional, as is the mortal strike.
  • The short defensive sucks pretty hard.
  • “Numerous options to invalidate melee” applies only if said melee is inexperienced.
  • Demonic Appetite healing, while strong, is nowhere near as strong as what several other classes were allowed to keep in SL.
  • World content is not what the game is balanced around, and including it in this discussion is a straw man.
  • I’ll concede on mana rift. It’s pretty nice.
  • Hunters have anti-stealth options as well.
  • At least three other classes have stronger on demand burst AoE.
  • There are no raid fights where DH mobility is particularly important. Helpful? Sure, but that’s about it.
  • Stupid debuff is still present.
  • Darkness is surprisingly easy to counter.

Now to make a few other observations:

• Havoc is not even in the top three in M+.
  • Havoc posts mediocre numbers in raid content except for in the occasional fight that allows for consistent cleave, though they don’t reach the top here either.
  • DH representation at the higher end of the PvP ladder is almost non-existent. It’s good for pubstomping but easily shut down by anyone that understands the dos and don’ts of PvP.
  • Most of Demon Hunter’s survivability, regardless of spec, is active rather than passive. This means it is uncharacteristically vulnerable to being destroyed outright during CC windows.

The metrics don’t lie. It may seem great - and yes, I grant that it’s definitely not bad - but it’s hardly this monster that people try to make it out like it is. About the only thing it’s truly overpowered for is world content, which you touched on earlier, but they can’t penalize it for that. What they have essentially done in SL is take a class that only over performing in irrelevant content and kneecap it for everything else.

1 Like

Well I’ve used to main a DK from WotLK till Legion. I’m still debating if I’ll go back to him or keep playing my DH. Fact is that I’m burned on DK. Blood always been fun to me but I’ve never been a fan of Frost and Unholy too much complicated for no reason rotation isn’'t my cup of tea.

So I might just keep playing my DH.

DH are in a good spot. I’m actually changing my main to one in SL.