So this is normal? Unsubscribed

Yea, roll on a pserver, after launching with layering we knew we were on pserver style megaservers rather than blizzlike vanilla server pops.

Every pvp server will go through the same process it went through on live where only one faction will remain, I play on Mal’ganis and its been a horde server for years now.

Mal’ganis lives? When did it return? I must make a pilgrimage to Zion.

Hint its not normal. You can easily avoid the mobs to get there. The guy was just being an idiot.

Most video game youtube video posters tend to have terrible taste in music. It’s like a tradition now after all this time. One would think it shouldn’t be difficult to find more neutral music for the viewing audience.

You. Are. Completely. Clueless. If. You. Think. This. Is. How. PvP. Was. Intended.

1 Like

You. Are. Completely. Clueless. If. You. Think. This. Is. How. PvP. Was. Not. Intended.

The other faction players control the zone. The player in the video does not accept that and is determined to cross the zone. No one if forcing him to corpse run.

2 Likes

I did a corpse run to BRD last night. It’s absolutely how pvp servers were intended.

1 Like

Victim blaming. Reminds me of a white person saying racism isn’t a thing and minorities just need to stop being lazy.

No, it’s ways of saying “we’ve done that and found that the run is longer and it’s regularly scouted”. You think we honestly haven’t tried it? Those are week 1 experiments. We’re 10 steps ahead of you. But to humour you… you’re suggesting he check the other side first, even though he knows from experience that it’s just as bad (likely worse), and then fly back to TP with a 15 minute delay? That’s efficient.

OP. This is the result of WoW being a very forgiving game.

Previous MMOs to WoW would have severe death penalties; dropping all your items, long travel distances on death, long death times or rez sickness etc…

WoW was designed for a more casual audience and reduced death penalties. This makes it viable to do corpse runs as shown in the video.

Unless you want severe penalties for death, then corpse running is viable and a reality (both in PvE and PvP). It is the player’s choice to take that option. No one said it would be fun. But the design of vanilla WoW thought it would be more fun than the severe penalties that came before it.

The point of Classic is to see again some of those Old School systems in play. What you are seeing is the road to retail. Vanilla already was making the genre easier and more digestible to a larger audience.

The alternatives to corpse run is either more severe death penalties or more carebear PvP systems like what is in retail Warmode.

looooooool

/10char

And players rolled on servers they knew were heavy to their faction because it’d make PvP easier. No one wants fair, they want to steamroll. This is a player made problem.

I’m late to the party and want to give classic a try and i love to pvp but i’m worried about this if it’s even worth it since i wanted to lvl warrior

2 Likes

I would say it isn’t worth it to roll on a PvP server. If you want to PvP that happens every day all day on PvE servers.

Up to you, of course.

Oh that’s good to hear, i guess that may be the move then, want to try and find a good group of pvpers to bg with though on a pve server haha

misposted

/10char

The video is an extreme and is not present on all servers. Come dec 10th this will likely not be the case.

But they are forcing him to do something else if he wants to avoid a half hour of corpse running, which is why people stop going there after a time, and then stop leaving the cities, and then stop playing.

There needs to be a viable relief valve and I’m not convinced BGs will be that valve, otherwise we’ll end up with 90/10 servers and only PvE realms having any sort of healthy balance or the ability to do AQ20/40.

That’s the problem. Folks are hammering this point so hard people aren’t finding other fun things to do in WoW, they’re just finding other things to do.

2 Likes

The video isn’t even extreme, that looks like an off time, not a peak time, as there are no raid numbers clumped up and he made it all the way into BRD once he jumped down. You haven’t the foggiest idea what you’re talking about.

Look at the faction of the server you want to join, pick the dominant side, or you’re going to get steamrolled once you’re in the mid 40’s and up.

1 Like

That is not a problem.

Retail is a game that chases an audience.

Classic doesn’t need to chase an audience, the audience finds Classic. Classic is what it is. It doesn’t need to change to make subscriptions or chase fads or be the foundation a company is based on or the pillar of a quarterly report.

Its just value added to the flagship product. A museum piece for an audience that existed on private servers.

This. This a MILLION times over.