So the Valor System Will be Dead on Arrival (UPDATE)

• In 9.0.5, there will be a weekly Valor cap that increases by 750 Valor each week, and the cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week.
  • In the second week of 9.0.5, the Valor cap will be 5750. In week 3, the Valor cap will be 6500, etc.
  • There will be a cap of 1500 on how much Valor a character can hold at a time.

And we cant upgrade the gear we currently have. Only items after 9.0.5.
With a 1500 at a time cap, what are the odds we get the item we want to upgrade to drop again before hitting the cap? Same as they are of getting it to drop now. RNG. So we cant really farm valor to cap. We can get it to 1500. Spend it. Then Get it to 1500 and spend it a few more times.

What is also not mentioned at all, is what happens when we are at the 1500 personal cap, but have nothing to upgrade yet? Does the valor we acquire after capping at 1500 count toward our total weekly cap? I am going to guess that it does, for whatever reason.

If this is the case, than it is very likely, you will be able to hit the weekly cap on valor, whether it be 5000 or 6500 or whatever, while only actually being able to hold 1500 of it.

If you think loot feels bad now, Imagine grinding out a piece to upgrade all week. You get it to drop and then you upgrade it with your 1500. Then you run another M+ and to your surprise you get no valor. You already capped your max valor for the week, while only using 1500 of it.

I just dont get why they have to create overly complicated and convoluted systems.

Here is and Idea for Valor.

• You have a cap of 10,000 valor you can hold at a time.
  • Completing a key rewards X Valor.
  • Timing a key Rewards (X Valor)+ Y Bonus forTiming)+ Z Bonus for every 30 Seconds on the Clock Left.)))
  • Higher the key, the greater XYZ are.
  • Completing a M+ In Time unlocks that Dungeon’s loot at the ilvl of key completed at the Valor Vendor.
  • The Valor Vendor has a pull down tab where you can select the specific dungeon’s loot table for your character.
  • The Items Valor Cost increases with the ilvl of the item purchased.
  • Completing A M+ key in time at +20 or Greater, will Unlock that dungeon’s loot table at 226i. Items at the 226i Cost 10,000 Valor Each.

And thats off the top of my head. It seems like a much simpler and effective system than what we are getting.

They are removing the 1500 held at one time cap. We can just bank it till we hit the actual cap now.

29 Likes

Adding this for additional insight. I don’t think we know how much valor is awarded per dungeon completion yet.

1 Like

yea the unable to upgrade current gear thing is dumb lol like lol

i just hope 210 goes straight to 220 waitin 2 weeks to upgrade to 220 is going to just make me reee

2 Likes

This system just seems worse the more we know about it. So to upgrade a 210i two-handed weapon, to 220, you have to
A. Have Completed Every Dungeon in Time at +15 Key Level
B. Upgrade it 3 Ranks at the cost of 3000 Valor.

So with Callings Awarding 50 Valor, Im real curious to see what M10’s or 15’s Reward. Because you have to get your 210i Piece to first drop from a +15. Lets say a Timed +15 Drops 300 Valor. It will take you 5 Runs to get to your personal cap of 1500.

So if you dont have anything to spend it on after 5 runs, you are in almost the same boat as now. Waiting on an item to drop that has about a 3% chance of dropping. In this situation the valor system becomes useless. You are still trying to get that 1 item, same as now.

8 Likes

Same!

Hopefully there will be items of lower ilevel that drop, but that - once upgraded - will be a net gain, making lower keys still worthwhile to run (for the initial item and then the passive valor gain)

But I agree that I’m still interested to see the accrual rate per dungeon. (and if there’s a change in rate timed vs untimed)

1 Like

I don’t know a whole lot about the specifics of the valor system but I think it’s a good implementation.

My only complaint is that we can’t retroactively upgrade gear that we already have from M+. Like if it’s an issue in coding it then sure I don’t care that much, but if they can allow us to upgrade previously obtained gear and just don’t for whatever reason, then I’ll be a little upset.

I am more annoyed that raid gear can’t be upgrade. Why cant we upgrade raid gear exactly?

11 Likes

I’m not holding my breath. There is some real stupidity going on in this iteration of the game.

18 Likes

I think if you time even higher keys than 15’s, you should be able to reach 226

3 Likes

Complicated hamster wheel. Too much time on their hands.

6 Likes

I really want to understand the point of making the weekly cap so high vs. the cap of what we can hold, in a week when we may not even have any gear we can upgrade. And why the hold cap is so low in the first place.

Complexity for the sake of complexity seems to be the design theme of Shadowlands.

5 Likes

Probably like 5 Valor Points. :rofl:

9 Likes

You can’t because they think you should only get max ilvl from the top content. For PvP that’s Arena. For PvE thats raid.

As much as people view M+ as number 3 in the Big 3 endgame content, Blizz still views it as a sub-raid activity

Yeah, it’s a complete joke.

The chance you get any item that you want to upgrade is very low. You’ll also have a hard time targeting the keys you want to get the item you want to upgrade.

I quit about 2 or 3 weeks ago now, and I don’t see myself coming back for this garbage.

10 Likes

blizz didnt need to do this you know, and now you’re complaining?

2 Likes

You’re right. They needed to do better than this.

If you don’t pvp or do raids you’re most likely been stuck at item level 210 for 3 months now.

9 Likes

not like you need better, right?

1 Like

Why aren’t they treating it like conquest?

1 Like

I don’t really think it is DoA, but I look at this mostly as an improvement for 9.1.

As a 9.0.5 feature, then YMMV based on your current toon and where they are in gearing. Maybe more useful for alts.

I do feel like this is another case of system on top of system and just over-engineering in general.

M+ EoD should have just gone back to BFA drop rates and ilvl (i.e. on par with heroic). Then they should have done more to shore up the Great Vault, which is still a pretty low % chance for the item you want and requires quite a bit of effort (10 dungeons).

You just have to go back to the original problem statement. Did folks really think EoD M+ wasn’t rewarding enough back in BFA? Or was the complaint mostly that the rng of the weekly vault was terrible (an entire tier looking for 1 item)?

I still feel like the great vault isn’t a significant improvement over BFA, and EoD rewards still feel weak and have abysmal drop rates.

6 Likes

SL is making me feel that… maybe making Mythic raiding the only top-end PvE makes for a hollow game.

7 Likes