So the Friendly Alpaca quests don't count in a Raid Group

Despite being able to be picked up AND turned in while in a raid group, if you do them in a raid group, you won’t get credit for the Alpaca.

Today was my 7th day and received no followup quest to obtain the mount. Many others on wowhead report the same.

Thanks for the heads up Blizz, because you know, when you make it available in a raid group and have a spawn like this that literally begs for people to use LFG, the best thing to do is restrict it to party-only with no letting us know.

EDIT: Since SOME people seem insistent to keep saying “You should have known”, I’ll post what I posted below:

1. The Elusive Alpaca can be obtained in a raid group.
  2. When you’re in a raid group and do other quests like this, you can’t even turn it in.

There was zero indication this was the case, and it NEEDS to be fixed. The game has kept track of all the attempts we’ve done (as evidenced by an IsCompleted script), so there’s nothing stopping them from retroactively granting people credit.

15 Likes

You have got to be kidding me? So now i find out I have wasted days as well as those greens i farmed for to feed it.
This honestly is just killing my desire to try, there are only so many hurdles you can place before I just don’t want to jump anymore blizzard.

5 Likes

The Greens are the annoying part to me. They’re so tiny and hard to see. :confused:

The fact the Alpaca did the “eats the greens” emote made us assume it worked fine. The fact Blizzard didn’t take the chance to let us know WHEN PEOPLE WERE EXPLOITING GETTING IT IN A PARTY is ridiculous. They easily could have attached a note to the Hotfix notes telling us it had to be in a party or solo, as the intended way to obtain it.

3 Likes

Ive seen the raid groups to frind the one in uldum and I’m thinking Why would you waste time finding it? You wont get credit for the daily anyway. Every idiot knows you cant do quests in a raid group.

1 Like

I was able to complete the Elusive Alpaca quest in a raid group, so maybe that’s why we figured it’d work, cause you know, they’re both rare spawn Alpacas you feed?

Why would one work in a raid group and the other didn’t?

6 Likes

Blizz Dev: How can we screw with the players this time? Evil laughter!

3 Likes

This… is not accurate. About a dozen people in our raid group each got the Alpaca with no problems once it spawned. If this was an issue, there would not be entire 40 man raid groups sitting up across the zones on patrol and then getting the mount. Something else is happening here…

2 Likes

There was no quest involved with that mount.

1 Like

It counts as a quest. You do know how things like that work in coding, right? There’s a reason certain things can’t be done in a raid group even if they aren’t actual quests. Because in the coding, they are made as quests.

You can even run a IsCompleted script using quest ID for the Elusive Alpaca.

Well, today was definitely my 7th day, and there’s quite a bit of upvotes on WoWhead on multiple comments confirming I was not the only one who didn’t get it.

Whereas someone else confirms it worked on their character that didn’t do it in a raid group just fine.

You dont get credit for quests in a raid group. Its really not that complex. The Elusive quickhoof requires no quest to obtain. Hence it can be done in a raid group.

1 Like

This is a pretty big issue and I hope that one of the blues adds a little clarity to it; something that confuses me though. If the quest doesn’t count, then why does the blue ! mark above its head disappear?

Does anyone know of a way we can track our toons’ progress on this?

Actually it was a quest…

2 Likes

The freindly Alpaca in Undum, yes. But the black one is not a quest. Your kidding right? I did that one day one there is no quest. Its just an interact with mouse over as long as you have required item.

1 Like

I don’t recall a quest being involved when I got it. I was in a raid group - all I had to do was turn up at the spawn point before it vanished, talk to it to get a response bubble and click on that in order to feed it. And then I got the mount. No quest.

1 Like

I can verify this; I’ve seen people ingame with the black alpaca from Vol’dun already in island expeditions (its little bouncy run is so cute!). I put a bunch of the leafy seaside salad in my bag the night before launch just in case.

People had the other one the first day also because of an exploit. They would invite peolple to thier group (not raid group) and have u people feed it. After the 7th person fed it they got the mount. I dont know if that has been fixed yet.

I recall reading about a hotfix that changed grouping for that. Since I haven’t had anything to do with it, I didn’t make a note of the details.

UNFRIENDLY ALPACA–can confirm thanks to a ticket response from a GM that even though you can COMPLETE the quest in a raid group, making you unable to do it again that day, you don’t get CREDIT in a raid group. Those who ambushed days 1 and 2 are rewarded, those of us who have been trying to do it right are 9 days in and no mount and little-to-no progress to show for it. Waste of time.

7 Likes

Okay, so I thought of a potential bandaid to make this at least somewhat doable with the premade group finder.

Group name: F. Alpaca 54,43 WM on 4/5

Note: Get to the coordinates listed, then apply for the group. Once someone completes the daily, type 1 and you will be removed so someone else in the que can jump in.

In that case we can only invite 4/5 because otherwise the premade will automatically delist the group. That’s a potential solution I came up with until something is changed about how this daily works

Any chance you were in Voldun when you did that, not Uldum? Different alpaca.