So the Arbiter alone (spoilers)

That spell was notoriously buggy with its targeting when it was first introduced. I would not be surprised if it was one of mine.

6 Likes

Silly little troll! :gift_heart:

1 Like

Citation Needed

What one see’s, and what is, can and often are 2 different concepts. We neither know the makeup nor function of that “bomb” or whatever. So much more info is required before you can make such factual sounding statements.

I mean hard to make small talk when you’re Arbitrating the souls of all existence T.T lmao

We were discussing this in the game chat for a bit last night. One idea we came up with was it was Uther perverting the system that set the whole thing off. He gave the Jailer a superpowered soul in the former LK’s that let him throw a bomb in the Arbiter’s face strong enough to knock her offline.

It’s certainly plausible thats for sure. My personal theory is it was one of the rogue Maldraxxi Houses

If it was not an outside aberration like Argus, then I would guess it was Denathrius off in Revendreth. They are the ones with a red Anima signature. The amount of Anima you would need to one shot fry all of Oribos’ systems would be pretty insane though.

…actually either way I suppose it was Denathrius. He has really been the mastermind behind so much stuff in Warcraft lore. It is not even funny.

1 Like

There’s something funny about it being simply the natural consequence of something like Argus attempting to be sorted.
Argus: SORT ME!
Arbiter: Error. Catastrophic soul damage detected. Destabilization imminent.
Argus: NO! SORT ME! soul hits the Arbiter and disintegrates from what Sargeras did to it

1 Like

Well, Titan souls don’t seem to go to the Shadowlands normally. When Sargeras killed the other Titans, their souls were floating around the material plane, not in Shadowlands.

I don’t think the Arbiter was ever meant to process something like a Titan soul.

Also keep in mind, she relives the entire existence of a soul in a fraction of a moment. Consider all the torture Argus went through over an unimaginable span of time, all condensed at once. It’s no wonder the Arbiter BSOD’d.

Has a Titan soul ever been completely destroyed like we did to Argus though? I was under the impression we were mercy killing him then they used the last of his power to contain Sargeras.

He wasn’t destroyed tho, he was used to trap Sargeras.

Well then we know it’s not him then unless they retcon it he’s still being used as a battery.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the issue. Wouldn’t put it past blizz but this would be the fastest retcon ever.

I still think the Jailer repurposing Arthas’ soul as a bomb would make the most sense. It’d give an actual consequence to Uther subverting the Shadowlands for vengeance.

Devos grabbing Arthas’ soul back and being the cause of the breaking kinda puts a wrench in where Uther’s plot goes by the end of 9.0 where he says he has to make things right, which presumably would be letting Arthas get a fair chance at judgment later

shrugs I didn’t spoil everything for Shadowlands so I’m just speculating with the information I do have.

1 Like

They can say it was an eco of him.

Do we know anyone escaping the maw towards shadowlands except PC? I haven’t played a lot yet. I only know Sylvanas was able to leave but she died at the citadel.

Apparently not. The people in Oribos initially assume you’re an enemy because nobody escapes the Maw. I assume that changes later on as we start abusing our connection to the Shadowlands tech to crack open the Maw and release people.

In old lore (and by “old” I mean like, three years ago) Aggramar was killed outright by Sargeras. The other Titans survived as spirits due to the spell Norgannon cast at the last second, but Aggramar was killed before that. Yet, he was back in Legion so I guess that was retconned. There’s also the unnamed Titan that hadn’t woken up yet and was corrupted by Old Gods, and was subsequently sliced in half by Sargeras. No word on him/her.