So that Microsoft thing happened

could this lead to something good for us where our feedback will be listened to and acted on and not ignored?

whats your gut reaction telling you about this?
me im sitting on the fence watching all the chaos that might come
Bobby’s out when it all done so thats nice

Doubt it. Its the type of person working at Blizzard. Im sure you can see where their offices are and come to a conclusion. California where most of them work is a word that I cant say on the forums, but its a septic tank basically. In fact, things might get worse unless some of these companies get out of these areas. California tax is probably going to increase, which could mean more firings on top of the people that are probably going to get let go with the acquisition.

My hopes and expectations are at rock bottom. They can only go up, but Blizzard always finds a way to dig underneath that rock for it to sink even more.

2 Likes

If I had to guess, feedback will continue to be ignored as is (who knows how much sway a current select few have).

I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

2 Likes

we can only hope it will get better than it has.

gonna be an interesting time now for sure

Well, Cali might have to increase its budget by double. 200b to 400b because of some health care stuff, so taxes are going to go up and that has to come from somewhere to keep the prices the same. That means letting people go and if thats the case, Blizzard has a lot of people working on WoW and they already cant make something that makes people want to stick around, so even less people and its going to suffer.

oh yeah, while i don’t live in the US, i’ve been close enough to irvine since it all looks very similar to anaheim and fullerton, far from the nicest places to live. also while it’s not really related i’ve also been to redmond where the microsoft office is, it’s very nice there in comparison.

Its the policies of these areas. The train tracks in california look like some 3rd world country or worse, like an unkempt landfill. People are stealing stuff from the cargo containers leaving behind what they dont want like home coved tests. They basically allow theft up to 900 dollars worth of merchandise.

The policies are what is allowing all of that and with Blizzard main office being in cali its just going to hinder a good game then to promote one. There is a reason Tesla got out of Cali. It might look good on the outside, but that’s just a front hiding its demons.

No.

/10char

Wow sub included in Game Pass sign me up.

so heres Towelliee’s reaction today

bobby will be out by the end of the fiscal year 2023 with a golden parachut as long as nothing else goes wrong

Arlo’s reaction

a massive influx of new players is both a blessing and a curse.

1 Like

-Anxiously waiting for Siege of the Atlas reveal.-

1 Like

so possible spanner in the works is the white house is aware of whats going on

Who cares what the white house thinks lol. I’m being absolutely serious with that statement as well. They think printing more money eliminates debt, and Biden thinks Kamala is President and thinks his wifes name is Joe Biden. He’s said these things multiple times and the rest of the white house is still pushing this guy into the limelight.

I don’t care what they think about anything at this point. If anything they will say “they are too big to fail now” and bail them out with tax payer dollars if anything happens.

2 Likes

the white house cares about what the white house thinks

They are the only ones.

The whole buyout thing is really a non issue at this point. Its going to get people out, if these people replacing will be beneficial, i dont know.

the white house will be looking at his for anti-trust reasons. monopolies are only allowed under modern anti-trust regulations provided they do not harm consumers. given the apprehensive and unsure response most players are giving, that will make this more complex than a simple yes no on the buyout. customers have been harmed without a monopoly here and there is a chance that MS could turn wow around and make it better. minecraft is doing great.

but how long would that last? its been 14 years since activision bought blizzard, and it took them this long to run wow into the ground. the merger could be good today and then turn into a problem later on.

IMO the biggest issue is that MS will deal with is their inability to cancel wow, ever. the amount of time invested and the average age of the wow gamer relative to the total amount of wow players means that statistically one of us will take an assault rifle to MS headquarters if they do. im not entirely sure they are aware just how addicted the average MMO player is, wow is a chemical-less drug, and you never turn your back on a drug.