So Survival is IGNORED again for 9.1

More than likely it wasn’t even a dev, just some intern who was tasked at bringing something new to the class so they could get an extra week off for butt recovery. Then blizz just ran with it since they couldn’t care less.

1 Like

Survival is so dammed fun.

1 Like

I mean the only polearm I can think of is one that isn’t widely known. The Bloodhoof Runespear, which technically should be in Baine’s possession after Cairne’s death, but we’ve yet to see it as far as I know. Although the runespear is an heirloom passed down from chieftain to chieftain and inscribed with runes describing each chieftain’s life, so I doubt we’d get it.

1 Like

Oh, man… that is a good one. Its a shame they couldnt have tied it to an ancient tauren hunter/chieftain.

I would not say “remarkably” as that would put us in the same tier as balance druid, shadow priest, or even holy paladin. I would say we are are still in mid tier for PvP because we are still destroyed when our pet is killed and there is only one or two comps we can run that can even get wins. If we were back in BfA then I might agree with you, but even then we weren’t up there with fire mages and disc priests.

MSV was ded on arrival when they made it melee, and since blizz has already worked on it in the past, they wont be putting anymore money into it. In other words, MSV ain’t changing.

3 Likes

I think you’ve got it right, a Class unfinished, but there are differing reasons amongst the Specs causing that unfinished state.
MM and BM are devolving, I think, becoming less than what they were during MoP and WoD. I should say , have devolved, which is certainly true, and I fervently hope the process is finished, no more “pruning”. Actually, my Spec, MM has recovered somewhat from its Legion misadventures, and while anemic, is once again recognizable.
Survival Spec loyalists, they have my sympathy. What are they, melee or ranged? Can the Spec be both? Trying to cram RSV. into MM ruined two specs. The point was to provide room for a melee Hunter spec? Seems to have a bunch of ranged abilities for melee, and I hear there’s a problem with ST dps.
The core, the foundation, has to be solid to build upon. Not too solid, when there’s doubt as to how a Spec will be armed.
And, speaking of armed…
Is there an iconic polearm that SV hunters might want? I mean, they had to invent a weapon and a dude for Legion. A quote, from Mawthorne.
How about the Twilight Firelance? I still have that thing from a quest, says the blade is formed from “pure flame”

3 Likes

voljin’s glaive would be pretty sick

2 Likes

i second this

1 Like

I dunno Legion SV was honestly its best iteration, loved me some fury of the eagle.

Apart from Way of the Mok’Nathal, it was great

1 Like

Well, yea, they made it strong so ppl would play it. They did the same thing, most recently, with aff locks and MR. They spent time and money on it so they want to make sure ppl play it.
But with all things that don’t get much positive feedback, they end up at the bottom of the damage barrel until it’s their turn again, or Activision agrees to spend the money to work on them again.

Surv is an aoe monster if you know what you’re doing…

Well, Ion talked about DH, but not a single word about Surv, even though people have been talking about RSV for years meow.

Preach is doing an interview with Ion. If you post on his twitter under his interview post you can add a question and let him know that we want an update on Survival. He did it for Shadow priests, and that got it out in the open where everyone was watching which helped force blizzard to actually do something about the spec.

Preach hates survival and was hunter main this expac. If he doesn’t ask something hunter related I’d be very surprised.

Be interesting to see what he asks. So far I don’t think Ion has a good track record for uhm. I guess to put it, more difficult or challenging questions IMO?

I hope you’re right no matter what in particular is asked. I think having the spotlight on SV could potentially lead to it getting buffs or needed changes. Or at least I hope so lol.

1 Like

Or it can lead to one of Ion’s famous non-answers that leads no where.

3 Likes