So ready for Classic

I’m so excited for this hopefully Blizzard really makes this work…wish it was summer already, anyone else jumping out of their seat ready to make friends and have a community again!? I just cant do WoW retail anymore

10 Likes

Right there with you!!!

3 Likes

In about 5 minutes I’m going to be putting together my new desk and monitor mounts. I’m pumped for the game and I’m sitting here preparing 6 months in advance.

7 Likes

Dev watercooler would be nice.

1 Like

If you are looking to make friends and enjoy the community, I think you may be disappointed. The mindset and attitude of gamers has changed drastically since 2004/2005. Also, I bet a bunch of trolls will purposely try and ruin the community aspect of the game. Plus, I wasnt the biggest fan of the community back in the day just simply because of the “elitists” who thought they were super cool and entitled because they had gear others didnt inside a video game…

1 Like

See I believe classic will bring back lots of older non-toxic players in my opinion…avg age of players in this game now is what like 35 or something…Their won’t be that crazy rush with Classic because we won’t have to continue to chase carrots like in retail.

I got excited for new star wars movies in the 90’s. I got excited for Matrix sequels in the 2000’s. I will be excited for Classic wow when it either A> comes out as an authentic vanilla experience or B> they address the laundry list of concerns people have about retail “features” popping up in Classic. I’ve had my fill of getting excited about new things only to have them be terrible.

3 Likes

I think elitists are just a thing in any hobby. Musicians got em, amateur radio has got em, outdoor and sporting goods community has em … WoW definitely had them … lol. But I just kinda accepted it back in '05 / 06.

I do think the gaming community has changed a lot since then. And as a whole, not for the better. The difference I see playing Overwatch vs Team Fortress / Counterstrike in the earlier 2000s is astonishing.

What I hope Classic brings is content that forces more thought and community reliance back into the game. It needs to be hard again. It needs to have a bit of a grind, and the grind needs to suck at times. Then it can it can be difficult and suck for parties of people and bring them together like it once did.

I’m eagerly waiting for summer to arrive so I can begin re-leveling, as I did 14 years prior. But back then, I was leveling with friends I found in the game. It’s gonna be awesome.

2 Likes

“Make friends and have a community again.”

I hope you find your group of unicorns because gamers these days…good luck. Im sure theyre out there, but they certainly arent the vocal ones.

Be the community you want the game to have, and you’ll find it

2 Likes

Me too! Saving a couple vacation days to play at launch. Not to rush content, wow is about the journey for me, but a few friends will be doing the same. We plan on questing together for a while.

Hopefully…

I must admit that I have had quite a few amazing community experiences on the servers that shall not be named. There are certainly many who are jerks or disengaged, unapproachable or uncommunicative just because of language barriers, but I’m hoping that the kind of people I’ve had memorable, engaging and fun interactions with on these realms funnel in from all corners to play Classic.

Should that be the case, Classic will be a success for quite a long time.

2 Likes

A couple things… First, vanilla/classic had the ability to better deal with trolls since everyone knew who the morons were. Second, has the gear thing really changed? Just because you can drinking bird your way to LFR gear doesn’t mean that people aren’t going to have better gear than you. Also, if it’s so silly to have better gear in a video game, why did you care at all?