So Overwatch is falling apart

Or they could just be replacements for the current wow devs. That can’t get the job done. Some of them did work on wow before.

Sure. Before.

But Activision is all about maximizing profits. They’ll lay off the devs and bring back contractors that don’t get benefits.

2 Likes

You do know there is a forum for that right?

Ie Off-Topic (not meaning Overwatch forums)

Hearthstone is going great. They’re coming up with the 2nd expansion after the most recent card rotation and it’s been a blast.

FWIW, Summer Games and Winter Wonderland are 2 events I’m actually okay with them keeping the same every year. Lucioball is fantastic and honestly I find it more enjoyable than Rocket League. I wish it was a standalone mode playable at any time. Yeti Hunter isn’t quite as fantastic as Lucioball but it’s still a really good mode. Really fun if both teams are good.

Yeah its reached a point where even the die hard fans are getting tired of it . I got bored of it after the second season.

It is no CS-Go and heck that game that so many versions.

Whatever gets results.

I still love Overwatch, and I’m getting a good amount of content for what I’m paying for it, which is nothing.

More than I can say for WoW.

i stopped playing overwatch just before moira came out. it wasnt because of moira, i just was bored of it by that point. i started playing it around the end of alpha, and played it * a lot * during beta and probably the first year of it going live, but it was just same old same old by that point. it just lived out is time for being entertaining to me.

lets put it this way. its no perfect dark. that game if i still had a N64, i would still be playing to this day with my friends. that was basically a near perfect video game. the amount of mini games and fun stuff you could do in that game kept it so damn fresh. i probably played hide and seek with fly-by-wire rockets for over 300 hours alone on the carpark level with my friends.

the thing about video games are: if they are fun, people will play them. grinding arbitrary rewards or lootboxes is not fun. people will stick around if they are actually having fun in a video game.

You think this has one iota to do with work quality? This is penny-pinching for the investors…nothing more.

1 Like

Third yatch? 7 Billion Dollar Net Worth Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick isn’t buying a third yatch, he can buy three cruise ships and still have several billion dollars in the bank. The money he saves by firing the devs is so insignificant to his billions that it’s hard to wrap your head around the sheer amount of wealth that man has.

And yet…he’d do it anyway because it doesn’t matter that he has enough money for both him and his family to live comfortably until the end of time, there’s always a thirst for more…more, like Smaug not resting until he literally has all of the dwarf gold…

It’s hard to even picture the amount of wealth one has if they can buy three state of the art luxury cruise ships and still have several billion dollars left over…

Wait…what were we talking about again?

Small indie company?

2 Likes

Wondering if Blizzard will announce something for the Blizzcon.

That game has slowly but steadily ruined every single hero I enjoyed playing. If it goes down in flames, all I can say is good riddance.

GD is now so whiny that we’re whining about other games? Did GD whining level up?

Ok, well… Battletoads is a totally dead game! Argh!

Well you see… People flock to whatever’s the newest fad.

These ‘newest fad’ happens after a bunch of streamers be like ‘yo check out this game ahhahaa wtf this that etc’

Can’t even predict the next thing, it’s like for honor, pubg, they are billions, civ5, mordhau, etc.

No pattern, even the ‘highly anticipated’ games don’t last that long. Though for single player games, they’ll always be popular, just that it’s not very visible / beat the game once and done.

So far we can see that conqueror blade is trying to make itself the big thing, as is dauntless who is doing the same thing as fortnite with the pass / decently fast pumping of content.

Extra: Who remembers the crazy hype with angry birds and flappy bird

Removing some useless E-sports jobs sounds like a good investment.

2 Likes

Morhaime said in an interview that Titan was abandoned because the scope was too big and Blizzard was too ambitious. Overwatch is the more modest project they settled for.

Smaller projects have smaller audiences and don’t last as long. They aren’t going to make lots of money for 15 years.

It’s really too bad that Blizzard couldn’t make Titan work. I think that failure turned them away from big ambitions.

Overwatch is dead, abandon it like everyone else. That’s the meta of these type of game.

I don’t play OW because there’s not progression system in place unless you play ranked. For instance, in HotS, you can lvl up your heroes. While it does nothing to improve that heroes capabilities, it’s still something to work toward.

OW has nothing like that.

How can it possibly be a win for the company and their other games if one previously very popular and successful game dies?