So Overwatch is falling apart

Not gonna lie that was the only GOOD thing that came out of the event

Oh yeah the Mercy drama, i feel bad for the Mercy players, and Brigitte was even worse even the voice actress got affected by it, Lucio got quite the changes too, i think Zen has been the only one that remained pretty much the same since release (in the way he works)

I personally avoid PvP in general , turned off the voice chat and just played Vs AI. A whole lot better really for me and my friends who play.

1 Like

The word on the street that I believe is that activision Blizzard is looking to be bought out by Disney. That’s why they’re cutting costs a lot and just waiting to hand over the reigns

They have

Doesnt change the fact thats still the same game mode from the first year

Genji, Tracer, Winston and Mercy

Winston was the only new one

That would make Princess Poobah into a Disney Princess :smiley:

Yeah, I saw that as well. I’m not sure how grounded that rumor is but it’s interesting either way. Does seem like Disney is shopping around but I just question if it’s a game publisher they might be looking at.

Which ones? I must be forgetting something.

Yeah. It has gone through changes though. The story also changed.

So a map that progresses Overwatch lore and adds a new hero to play through the mission still sucks. Gotcha.

Its a win for wow and other blizz games if overwatch fails and dies. Means more devs resources can switch back to wow and the other games. Currently wow needs more dev help, the current team can’t pull off great things. Also the narrative team is in dire need of help. Maybe Kosak can come back, because you know Danuser and Alex aren’t helping it. The wow story is really bad/sucking atm. Overwatch getting canned is a good thing for the other games.

Overwatch had a thriving casual audience that Blizzard decided to abandon to chase eSports, which didn’t go anywhere because there’s no money in eSports.

And there’s even less interest in Overwatch eSports because A) boring metas and B) why would people get invested when Blizzard is just going to can it out of nowhere like they did with HotS?

5 Likes

You’re dreaming if you don’t think the Overwatch devs are just going to be laid off so the CEOs can buy a third yacht.

3 Likes

The Christmas one has 2 game modes, plus Archives which has 3

One new enemy, the lore behind it doesnt make the event new

How did it progresses it exactly?
Reused heroes was a bad move when the events were already so repetitive
One new hero wont save the event
Reused enemies was also a bad idea (without saying how badly they were nerfed)
The event simply sucked compared to the other 2

Right. The snowball and yeti.

But they are all basically the same. And I would love a new model other than Lucioball. It just doesn’t mean that the game is failing.

Of course not! It’s in the same time of year as the last archives event!

It introduced a new villain into the story that the heroes had to fight. Just like in Rialto where they blew up that one guy and had to make a run for it, causing Black watch to be exposed and disgracing Overwatch, they sought out the evil mech guy for info on Talon.

This is what happens when you take the passion away from the game. Put in place money grabbing ethics and designer

3 Likes

They arent since, different map, different heroes, different enemies, etc

Thats why the last one got so much hate

Which hasn’t been mentioned even once before (Remember the event is set in the past)
Retribution revealed more about Reyes and his transformation into Reaper, but the villain was forgettable

And the new one, everyone wanted to fight Maximillien and we didnt even got that, not even a line with him during the event besides the ending.

You lost me after complaining about Pathfinder.

I wouldn’t mind Pathfinder if it wasn’t time gated like 90% of the stuff

Given that Overwatch is the game that has pushed loot boxes to main stream gaming in 2016, I can only smile if it completely collapses…

4 Likes

Good thing that EA is making sure everyone hates Lootboxes and will most likely cause their downfall and complete deletion

2 Likes

Actually i read something about a kid expending his family bank account in Fifa and he didnt even got the character he wanted, good thing that Nintento helped the family by refunding all the money, and the parents pretty much use the kid has an example of how bad Lootboxes are and pretty much forgive him since he didnt knew what he was actually doing.

(If i ever did that my body would be found below a bridge the next day)

1 Like

Sports, by their nature, come with a lot of sleaze, grift, and shadiness. Almost entirely in the pursuit of more and more money.

ESports, as it turns out, are no different.

The problem is that with sports, if a person wants to interact with the medium, they go outside and play. Games are, by their very nature, interactive. They live and die on the player base.

Few games could ever hope to stand on entirely competitive, eSport level systems while forsaking the general player. Because if the game doesn’t sell, it won’t matter if a handful of mooks are playing it on Twitch.

It’s why the major push toward eSports is self-defeating. Games will never be like sports, because they rely on the fans to actively participate, not just show up at a stadium.

2 Likes