So... Noblegarden this year

It never bothered me with seeing more people in the world, however this is crazy. The egg hunt has turned into an egg camp, and most people from different servers. Every single egg spawn was being camped.

There is no one running around. It was impossible to ‘hunt’ and even if you did - the whispers you get from people that were camping are horrible; if you so happen to take ‘their’ egg from ‘their’ spawn. This can not be how Blizzard intended this event to be.

Can we please have the amount of people loading in from other server decreased?

Would help battle the lag when going into a major city; do we really need to see 20 people stacked on top of each other when porting into a major city?

Would help the issue of rare’s dieing in 2 seconds; the ‘did you get a hit in?’ question i have to ask my kids while we play together cannot be how blizz intended this game to be. Didn’t get a hit in, okay lets sit here for 5 mins and wait for it to respawn…

Would help with the world events (such as this one) and the flood of people…

I understand the feeling of being on a ‘dead’ server; but honestly thats more the feeling on decreased amount available guilds, and the AH. The dead server problem is not the amount people visible on screen.

Please dial back the amount of visible people per instance, or make them fully joined (AH/Trade/Guild/Mail) This ‘half in/half out’ leaves a bad taste in user experience

28 Likes

I’ve always done NG on a high pop server. I got really good at protecting my egg spawn in whichever area I was farming. Much better than trying to run around and lose eggs to other people. Its honestly not that hard. Yes you will lose an egg occasionally to a sniper, but honestly not that bad.

1 Like

Yup. That’s how the first day of a week long holiday is. Just more efficient to camp eggs now than to look for them. If you don’t want to camp an egg spawn point then just wait a few days. It’ll thin out. I mean, you can get everything from the holiday in a couple hours and it’s a week long.

1 Like

Another good idea is to go to the places no one goes or if you can, go at o’damn thirty of the morning/night when less people are online.

3 Likes

Or go to less populated zones. For example, Wowhead says to go to Falconwing Square for Horde so don’t go there. I’ll bet the other places are less crowded. I kinda wonder if Teldrasil and Tirasfal Glades would be best because people don’t want to deal with going back in time.

Edit: Which is pretty much what you said.

3 Likes

Its legit like this every year.
And every year we get posts like this.
Part of the tradition I guess.

You should try muscling in on some spots. Its HILARIOUS!

5 Likes

Took me 2 hours, but I got 1000 chocolates and two mounts (from opening eggs).

1 Like

Realistically they just need to change how Noblegarden works. It’s the holiday in the most need of a revamp. High pop realms have always had the issue you’re talking about with this Holiday.

5 Likes

Obviously not the answer you want to hear, but one immediate fix you could do is transfer or roll a toon on an rp server with a population level that suits your preferences. Sharding is non-existent and you’ll only see visit another realm is if you join a party on a different one through lfg. Same for seeing other servers on yours. You’ll only see them if they’re in a party made by someone on your realm

i like to run around with my basket Gathering eggs. I don’t have the patience to stand still and camp a spot that’s no fun.

5 Likes

They should have the eggs spawn out in the open world. That would decrease the spawn camping and encourage people to actually go out into it.

15 Likes

Don’t know where you’re hunting, but where I hunt there’s very few people and NO camping.

1 Like

~http://www.darklegacycomics.com/675

5 Likes

It’s been an egg camp since it was introduced.

Try not going to Durotar or Trisfal Glades to collect eggs.

I camped a spot till I got what I needed ,then whispered the closest person and gave them the spot

1 Like

During prime time, I just went to one spawn under a tree/hidden thing which I think someone was already doing (or they seemed to be when I tried running by.)

Then I just ignored that other people were even trying, just focusing on the egg myself. I got 400 pretty fast, really. I don’t really know if that person was finished or not, but I was all alone fairly fast.

I’m not sure if my recent “ping” of

19 ms

19 ms

to my server, where I was usually more like 34/34 or 70/70, helps or not. I’m not sure why it has suddenly become so good, on average.

I had that today when I went to Mulgore on my orc hunter. I was one of a few running around, trying to get eggs that would disappear because someone in purple rabbit form was camping.

I was starting to think that it might be smarter to wait for a few days to pass before trying again when I got one, opened it and got that swiftstrider or whatever it’s called, mount.

People have been camping eggs for noblegarden in mass since they added a holiday vendor for Noblegarden. This isn’t new and it wasn’t brought on by CRZ.

It really wouldn’t matter either, 100 people from other servers or 100 people from the same server those eggs they’re picking up still aren’t going into your inventory.

Idk, I’m on MG and I just go to the Dwarven town that i am really bad at spelling.

1 Like

<be me
<play on MG
<be a MG player looking through this thread
<be a MG player seeing this forum post
<look at the realm the poster is on
<be very confused at the contradiction
<upvote anyway because Kharanos is a legit good spot to egg hunt

2 Likes