So no season 2 rewards for M+ in the first week of Season 2?

I really hate to ask this, but am I understanding this correctly? If this is the case it seems a little weird that it’s ok for players to “earn” equivalent or higher ilvl gear from objectively easier content. Some clarification, and reasoning, would be nice.

1 Like

You ran that M+ last week. It’s a reward for last week.

1 Like

Im talking about the reqards for what i do this week

It’s to try to prevent non-stop chain running of M+ during the first week to gear out raid groups for mythic opening the next week. We saw this problem with Emerald Nightmare (coupled with it just being a relatively easy raid). People walked in significantly more geared than they should’ve been and the raid died within 18 hours.

1 Like

m+ rewards are capped at 385 this week (the weekly chest NEXT tuesday will cap at 410). I believe this is to control the world first guilds from spamming m+ and being in mythic level gear at the start.

2 Likes

Although by the 100 different threads over the past hour over Alliance weekly kill quest awarding i400 items, you’d expect Alliance guilds to just roll over Mythic raid, amirite ??

I’m confused. That says you’ll get your reward next week for what you run this week. Am I misunderstanding something?

That’s for the M+ weekly chest. So if you run a +10 this week, you’ll get a Season 2 appropriate reward in your chest next week.

Last week’s +10 will only reward a 385 this week.

Right… because it was run last week. Before the new season.

While I personally disagree with that weekly quest rewarding such strong loot, a single piece of ilvl 400 per week is unlikely to change much of anything when it comes to mythic progression raiders.

Exactly. Just like for season 1 though, M+ rewards are capped at 385 until next week (ie the loot that drops from the dungeons themselves, not the weekly chest). For Season 1 we were capped until the first week of Uldir being released for the same reason.

I thought the sarcasm was evident enough without the /s :frowning:

But please pass this along to all the OMG Blizz you’re KILLING this patch crowd that 1-2 item level 400 items aren’t going to make a difference. Because I’m tired already of doing it

1 Like

Hah, well sarcasm is always tough to spot in text form >.<

So I’m not losing mind, then? I did answer the OP correctly?

Partially. You’re correct that he received the correct reward from his M+ cache from last week, but what you didn’t answer was how Season 2 rewards are currently capped throughout this week as well. I believe the base ilvl from the end of dungeon chest has gone up, but you can’t TF past 385. As such you can’t chain run M+ this week to be Mythic BoD geared for next week by relying on TF’s from the end of dungeon chest.

Either way though, we’re sorta arguing semantics at this point.

Thank you! I just needed a bit of clarification so that I understood fully what we were talking about. Which you cleared up nicely for me and I understand it now! :smiley: :blue_heart:

1 Like

Again, im only asking about the rewards in M+ this week. Just asking for clarification. If they geel they need to hold the top 1% of the player base from out gearing the new raid then it is what it is. Just seems a little weird since WF/TF and other rewards run contrary to that goal.

WF/TF are also capped this week. The same thing happened at the start of Season 1. We were capped until Mythic Uldir opened up as well.

As I said before, they learned their lesson from Emerald Nightmare.