So night fae

when are they going to make this covenant not garbage for pally?

It actually isnā€™t, in the sense that the paladin is not punished for having it. The thing is the buff compounds upon the classā€™ utility. It makes your group better off, it just leaves the paladin wanting.

1 Like

That mobility is pretty sound

Divine Toll goes tongtongtong

2 Likes

so in other words itā€™s garbage

Nightfae is actually god tier.

2 Likes

god tier in what? being garbage? thereā€™s no mention of it when it comes to the deciding factor of what covenant u should be picking. when u look up ā€œwhat covenant should paladin beā€ itā€™s literally all ā€œKYRIAN OR VENTHYR?ā€ there is literally no mention of night fae whatsoever with only a few saying that necrolord is ā€˜viableā€™

face it, night fae is bad because the buffs are bad, they donā€™t contribute any raw throughput and they donā€™t even give holy power.

thereā€™s a reason why only .5% of paladins are night fae and they probably donā€™t even do any high end content.

Night Fae is actually competitive in higher end content, most people simply donā€™t use it because Kyrian and Venthyr have a much lower floor to use well, i.e. itā€™s noob friendly.

holy moly why are you trying so hard to defend this garbage covenant? it will never get better if you keep trying to justify its horrible status. the logs donā€™t lie.

there is only one ever log recorded for a night fae paladin for M denathrius and heā€™s getting carried HARD. meanwhile the rest of the fights on mythic there are only at most 32 night fae paladins ever recorded for the fights. this is mostly for holy but itā€™s for all specs really

since you think that itā€™s competitive in higher end content, i have to give you examples of how itā€™s clearly not. thereā€™s nothing in the toolkit of night fae that couldā€™ve been groundbreaking for the fight except maybe the blessing of winter that slows the boss auto dmg by 20%. who knows, but this is clearly something that blizzard needs to look at when it comes to balancing that NO ONE uses night fae for paladins because itā€™s hot garbage. so much for letting players choices being meaningful.

also sure there are night fae paladins pushing up to 21 but guess what? thatā€™s as far as they go, while venthyr are kyrian are climbing to 26.

of course i could just go back kyrian next week once the punishment is over but damn, gonna miss those aesthetics.

also priests got super buffs with night fae which causes a good majority of them to switch over. when are the buffs for night fae paladin coming??

Hopefully never.

Iā€™m 2650 cr rn wym?

hopefully soon as u canā€™t even get past an 8 on a key as kyrian. donā€™t worry if they make night fae great then maybe uā€™ll have a chance

Not very smart eh?

1 Like

I run Night Fea on my alt Prot Pally. Itā€™s actually good if you have a team to bring it fully from it. My alt M+ team is suited to where the buffs work wonders. Itā€™s all about planning accordingly so you know when and where to use your buffs properly. On top of that the mobility from the Soul is top notch.

So far we have cleared 10s fine and are about to be pushing higher with our alts. Raid wise it feels a bit underwhelming but at the same time again throwing the buffs on the right person has the numbers to back itā€™s viability.

Iā€™d suggest giving it some time and see. Personally enjoying Night Fae pally a lot better than my Kyrian or Venthyr pally.

I swapped to NF the other day. Weā€™re in a content lull ahead of 9.1 so thought why not give it a go. NF was my preferred choice due to Soulshape and the Mog, but Kyrian was simply too useful to pass up (Holy).

Anyway, the biggest problem with Blessing on the Seasons is the rotational aspect of the buffsā€¦ from a Healing perspective anyway.

Blessing of Spring is a decent Healing CDā€¦ either placed on the Tank if theyā€™re taking heavy damage or myself to buff group healing. But the only way to ensure I have it available when I need it, is to hold it once Iā€™ve rotated to it.

I find myself using Summer/Winter as soon as theyā€™re available just to rotate them through. Autumn I might hold as a mini healing CD to increase my Holy Shocks, but for the most part, if Wings are on CD Iā€™ll pop Autumn as soon as itā€™s available so I can rotate back to Spring and try to time/hold it for Prides.

Itā€™s not that Blessing of Seasons is ā€œBadā€, itā€™s just that Divine Toll is so good for M+ healing (especially Pride) that I really notice itā€™s absence. Blessing of Spring + with 5 Glimmers out (or BoV) is a decent Healing CD on itā€™s own, and in some ways is comparable to Divine Tolls throughput if I can make use of the full 30sec duration, but having to rotate through 4 seasons makes it quite unreliable.

Obviously DTā€™s synergy with HP Generation, Glimmer, Shock Barrier and being a powerful AoE heal pushes it well ahead (especially with the new 9.1 lego), but Seasons does have potential if theyā€™d just give it some attention.

1 Like

So Iā€™m hoping holy paladin sees some serious reworks in 9.1 or it will break the game. Those changes alone might help night fae, but Iā€™m of the opinion that this skill needs a simple buff to take it from the bottom of the heap, to competitive. Basically, make the blessing have charges. The problem right now is that a thoughtful skill where you make an informed choice is ruined by how panicked you are to cycle to the next buff immediately. If they just made it 2 charges, that would allow the player a 45 second window each time to think and cast the blessing at useful points. Furthermore, the long summer conduit should be changed probably to buffing autumn instead so that it has more universal appeal to all three specs for all content.

Ive been booted out of so many heroic raid groups as fae hpally. They cant muster up the HPS to even be considered. No one is going to want to carry a ilvl220 fae hpally only doing 1.5-2.5k hps.

Im also being booted out of heroic groups this week as a necrolord. Its awful output as far as healing is concerned.

Devine Toll with glimmer and shock barrier isnt comparable to venthyr + shadowbreaker imo. Switching to venthyr next week becuase i have to. and im tired of kyrian.

1 Like

: (

They even took away the avenging wrath wings while in soul shape.

I love Night Fae for my Paladin alt. Sheā€™s a LF Draenei and the NF plate helm horns line perfectly with her own.

I enjoy being able to buff allies quite frequently, especially when I know the fights weā€™ll enough to know when the healer might appreciate the heal buff, for example.

Winter is fun as a tank, even if the slow takes forever to get maxed - it still slows most of them a bit.

Summer is nuts on your melee DPS friends especially with the Long Summer conduit making it last 40+seconds.

I try to target Mages with Autumn as they usually have something on CD that they would appreciate coming off sooner. If none are around, Iā€™ll admit I have no idea who to give it to.

All that to say: I love the look and the support power. Yes NF needs some help.

But itā€™s way more fun and interesting to me than the other covenant options. Which is what I want on an alt.

I see my last post in this thread was 9 days ago when I swapped from Kyrian to Night Fae. I swapped to Venthyr yesterday after getting NF to renown 35 (ish).

The problem isnā€™t so much Night Fae as it is Holy Paladins toolkit. Divine Toll synergises so well with the spec it really should be baseline. Without it, we have no burst AoE for M+ because of how restrictive LOD is. Outside of DT, we rely on spot healing and Glimmers to deal with AoE (or BoV at a huge cost to Tank healing).

As Holy, itā€™s extremely noticeable doing M+ without DTā€¦ as Venth, you make up for that by being awesome every 4 minutes. As NF, you hardly even notice the Seasons Buffs and thatā€™s assuming youā€™ve rotated to the right one when you need it.

If I played Ret, then I could easily make NF (Itā€™s my preferred Mog afterall) work since I only Raid Heroic and do Keys up to +15. But as Holy, in M+. NF is like a extra affix to work around.