So Many Differing Opinions on Spriest

Just saw a huge reddit thread on r/Wow about shadow and boy did people have such differing opinions.

“Spriest is fine the way it is!!!”
“Shadow orbs sucked stop asking for them back!”
“Keep Voidform but just rework it”
“I hated being a discount Warlock”

Even though most players don’t like the changes, or lack there of, there seems to be a huge divide on whether or not Voidform should stay or go. Some people really like the idea of Voidform, and they are probably the ones who loved Legion Voidform. Then you have some players who hate it all together.

While I don’t think Blizzard has given Spriest much attention in Alpha, it’s funny to see how different the opinions are of many priest players. I personally liked Legion Voidform, but BFA was just a dumpster fire from the get go. I also like Shadow Orbs and don’t know which I would pick. It seems that this spec has a gigantic divide in the opinion’s of the players because of how drastically they reworked them in Legion.

1 Like

#RemoveVoidform

is all I have seen

20 Likes

I’m seeing other opinions too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/hg12ol/shadowpriest_dont_let_this_persons_suggestions_be/

Read the comments, quite interesting opinions.

2 Likes

I went through that thread as well, a lot of the people in there like void form for no other reason than it’s different. It’s kinda sad in a way. I get ppl like different stuff but there’s some objectivity to the void form debate that they all ignore: whether you like it or not, void form cannot be balanced, and previous iterations of shadow were all way more well balanced, and that overall is much better for the health of the game.

23 Likes

This is pretty true. I see a lot of people say that they would just be affliction warlocks or to reroll one instead (in which case I wouldn’t be able to play a healer). I also see a lot of people say that void form is some huge skill big brain mechanic where you have to frantically manage insanity when in reality it’s just… slap void spike, mind blast, and mind flay currently and your gear and essences do the rest.

13 Likes

I have to agree with this i literally went through all of them.
they keep saying if you rename orbs to soul shards or then you got a warlock or if you name them to holy power you got a ranged pally

well this can be said to all classes
if you rename holy power to chi you got a monk
if you rename soul shards to holy power you got a ranged pally
if you rename combo points to soul shards you got a melee warlock

4 Likes

theres really not that many differing opinions. the shadow priest community nearly unanimously wants shadow orbs back.

15 Likes

I cringed so hard at all the people who were like "omg its so different thats why I play shadow, I don’t wanna be another builder spender. Reminds me of our boy Odin, LFR heroes who never played shadow at any real level.

13 Likes

the thing is I bet you most will jump ship if Blizz brought orbs back and made it look all visually epic and unique.

1 Like

Shouldn’t really expect much better from Reddit lol

2 Likes

That’s why Blizzard won’t do a fix. As I said many months ago, easier to throw a crappy sparkly thing at the ignorant Priest players; divide them and let their loyal Reborn attack anyone who disagrees. It’s the Desaan tactic from Jedi Outcast after all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s one of my favs lol, “the skill cap is super high and rewarding”. Maybe it was in legion, but that’s when it was too good and all progression players had to swap to it… because VOID FORM CANNOT BE BALANCED BLIZZ, IT’S BEEN 4 YEARS, TAKE THE BLOODY HINT

12 Likes

I really hope they make DP good.

also it is very eye opening that when they slightly tilt the spec towards a builder spender system by introducing DP all of a sudden it opened up the talent tree.

2 Likes

I think im the only one saying Orbs sucked. They were just bland for me and was the ultimately the reason I think I quit the first time around. Just because Shadow didnt feel shadow and I didnt have the connection to the other toons of mine in the same way.

Orbs to me are the ultimate cop out of builder and spender. A knock off Holy Power and old Meta Warlock.

They can think of something completely new.

4 Likes

what if they brought back orbs but made them more interesting and explored there possibilities.

builder-spender are a very fundamental system i agree but it works and the way you implement it and build on it is what makes it exciting.

I really think you would be able to enjoy orbs if they put a lot of effort into bringing them back and listened to the player feedback.

what would you like to see in a builder spender system. Like lets say you would design one what would one thing you would love to see in it?

Yeah. A lot of people in that thread seem to think “it’s unique!” is the reason to keep to void form, which obviously is their opinion but lol.

1 Like

It’s true. Discount warlock is the biggest mark against older versions of spriest. I’ve never played spriest before the legion iteration and so many on this forum swear by orbs but I see videos and it just doesn’t seem as appealing.

Such as?

Also,
I never seen Void Form / Insanity videos to be very appealing.

Seems we’re at an impasse lol.

6 Likes

Yeah I never understood that.

It’s literally the same thing as saying, “if you turn a Feral Druid into a person you basically have an Assassination Rogue.” Like what?

People can make that comparison with almost all classes, lol I didn’t understand that part.

The one thing I find interesting is many people say they like Voidform for the fact that they like not having a huge damage cooldown. The damage ramps up and ramps back down from going into, and holding, Voidform. While I do agree with this statement, it doesn’t change the fact that Voidform is extremely underwhelming and clunky in non-raid situations, which is 95% of WoW.

3 Likes

to me that makes no sense like Blizz is more then capable to give us back orbs and make it so we don’t have a big dps CD. if thats what they want…