So.. Living Bomb

What’s the deal with this ability? Sort of new to mage, and am really enjoying fire, but Living Bomb just seems laughably weak. Why is the damage so low?

Tuning hasn’t really happened yet Bobby.

I mean in live.

Because the cooldown is very short (shortened by haste too) and its an ability meant for exploding onto a large amount of targets and making them explode as well. But thats not a common scenario in WoW and its short cooldown means its weak.

1 Like

In short the spell became bad because of PVE

Like most of spells in modern Wow, it does negative damage

2 Likes

it used to be good, then massive AoE pulls happened with the introduction of M+. Now it’s garbage.

5 Likes

It has one use. Keep rogues from re-stealthing, but with the invention of pillars. They will always get to re-stealth anyway. It’s worthless.

3 Likes

Back when they first implemented Living Bomb, it was AMAZING. It hit hard, watching things chain boom was the most orgasmic thing in wow. I lost many of my unborn watching living bomb go off on big pulls.
But, as everything does in wow, someone b******. PVPers complained it brought them out of stealth, it was spreading around pillars, etc… So then blizz nerfed the spreading aspect of it down to what it is meow. Then other classes in PVE complained about “fire aoe qq” so then blizz nerfed the damage. Then blizz wanted to go another route and spam flamestrike (like thats sooo much better eye roll. So now living bomb, perhaps one of the best spells in the game to date, is crap bc of it.
I really hope that they make it strong again, it contributes to ignite, etc… i love that spell.

5 Likes

Yeah I think it should at least have some kind of interaction if it’s going to be like only 2% of our DPS…

A knock up or something would make it more useful in PvP.

Living Bomb was fun in some previous expansion.

In the current expansion, it’s only purpose is to identify idiots who don’t know how to play the game (IE anyone who takes the talent “Living Bomb”).

The ability is completely worthless on live. Just ignore it. The damage it outputs is so tiny that even against groups it’s simply not worth the GCD to cast it.

3 Likes

Yea, and people like you are the reason why its dead. If they buffed it again and made it viable by spreading ignite and stuff, it would be great.
But you would complain about that too, huh.

Mistwynd’s response is due to Blizzard making it the way that it is. It’s not because of everyone else using it as an example to point out people who are essentially usi g a dead talent.

Nothing (aside from the insults) said so far in this thread is wrong about living bomb. If you want to throw blame at anyone then blame blizzard.

3 Likes

In PvP we take it and remove it from our bars.

LOL.

That whole talent tier is pointless.

Well how about getting on the ol beta forums and telling the dev to buff it and stuff.

You think people have not already gave feedback about that stuff?

The mage section seems to be giving feedback in a void, atm.

2 Likes

Yea, i noticed that. But living bomb has flown under the radar for a long time so i highly doubt it.
I can’t remember the last time most specs had some sort of response.
Hunters get responses but thats bc when the dev first pushed his trees they were so god awful that he basically had to or else loose his job. Surv tree is still the worst tree in testing atm.
Druids get responses, well bear doesnt, lol. Feral needed multiple reworks just to be viable and balance had issues with its core setup that needed fixed. Even resto needed fixed.
Heard from war once. Rogue once. Mage a couple of times but only for arcane apparently. DH basically missed the party. DKs still dont work well, lol. Basically everyone once.

Their dev just likes interacting with the community is seems. If we were to rank the first iterations of every tree by how bad they were, Mage wins by a mile. Even now the current iteration is still objectively the worst class tree out there.

And [Living Bomb] feedback has been given plenty of times. I did so myself as well.

1 Like

Good to see nothing has changed since pre-Legion then.

Honestly, LB has been bad for so long the only reason they have kept it in the game is because of nostalgia. It’s an “iconic” spell that Fire had back in the day, but no one has actually used it since NT overstepped it in MOP. There’s a lot of spells/talents that have stuck around for no purpose, and it’s no wonder the Mage community is getting fed up.

2 Likes

it’s good in wotlk, but class design in wolk/classic was better, retail is garbage, every spell hits like a wet noodle unless cool downs are popped, terrible game design by retail devs, nothing feels impactful or good anymore.

Every ability you use in WOTLK hits hard and feels good/fun

3 Likes