So I've started raiding on classic era

I’m doing MC and my God, compared to SoM it is so braindead easy. Gehennas has only 2 adds, Baron Geddon only bombs ONE person in the raid, shazzrah doesn’t have those shadow things and his arcane AoE does pitiful damage… there’s probably lots I’m forgetting here. but you are out of your mind if you think MC and raids in general shouldn’t have any difficulty increases. what SoM did is the MINIMUM of what SoM2 should be. I would say SoM2 should be even harder. screw these easy raids. after playing SoM, it’s seriously just not as fun :expressionless:

oh and by the way, I’m saying it’s braindead easy when NOBODY is using world buffs. I can’t even imagine the level of face-rollery if we all had world buffs.

5 Likes

“No dude people were just really bad back in the day MC was never challenging”

conveniently ignores the dozens of nerfs + class buffs + itemization buffs

7 Likes

Yeah no MC was always a complete joke. Even back in 2005 my guild (of utterly incompetent people including myself) was easily able to clear it with ~30 people and no world buffs. Most of us were in greens

World first Rag kill was April 25th, 2005.

Level 25 human mage bragging about how he was in a server first quality guild in 2005… oh and his guild did it with “30 people in greens”… gotta love the WoW forums!

8 Likes

I read that and ignored it, but Im glad you brought it up. T1 at the end of Vanilla still had prestige.

4 Likes

I remember standing proudly on the steps of the Ironforge bank showing off my lawbringer shoulders and helm, getting tons of whispers of congratulations from admirers :expressionless:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I gave into classic era for now since I need something to do in the mean time of waiting for fresh and figured I’d try the non-som version of raids so it’s easier for me to see the differences. Doing MC/Ony in SoM was the first time raiding in classic for me and it took like 4-5 weeks before we got Rag killed in MC lol, I remember us stopping at Garr in one of the weeks too from like 3-4 wipes. But it was so fun regardless to try and try again and slowly make progression.

My warlock is 13 right now in classic era with alch/herb/fishing/cooking past 75…I need to level up faster lol, fresh might be out before I’m 60 and in MC! :wink:

yes my advice for era is to take it slow and really smell the roses. do professions as you level, play a weird spec, etc. do not rush to end game.

3 Likes

To me, this was always the appeal of MC/BWL phases. Just a nice walk through while chilling with the lads. But in reality, I don’t really care either way. I just find the sweatiest guilds usually so we can clear in 1 night, and I can get back to the ACTUAL game lol

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone will disagree with you that MC in its original form was insanely easy, but I think that’s the point. Is it boring? Absolutely. In a perfect world I would like to see the SoM MC/BWL/Ony in SoM2 but with world buffs to increase the pace since imo it’s supposed to be easy (entry level raids) and I don’t know anyone who wants to be in MC for 3-4 hours. I was able to clear it with my guild every week in about an hour and a half and even that felt like a drag especially when BWL came out and my guild wanted to do both every week on top of Ony.

1 Like

Its almost as if its not mid 2005 anymore with people still using dial up modems.

MC is fine the way it is (for Era).

10 Likes

It isn’t. it’s too dang easy. if people are just miraculously better because of better modems or whatever, then the difficulty needs to be adjusted.

1 Like

That’s the way mc was.

First raid ever.

It’s gonna be boring no matter what you do to it

2 Likes

SoM MC was a blast. They did a great job with it.

3 Likes

it wasn’t boring in SoM
and axewiper is right, back in the day (2005), MC was not just some cakewalk. that is a modern day myth.

3 Likes

It was boring for us for our few clears before the guild quit. Didn’t seem that hard.

1 Like

you all quit because you couldn’t be bothered to farm mats for some fire protection pots :roll_eyes:

That wasn’t a complaint at all. Some members got banned for language and etx, some got mass reported due to ranker drama, and our gm was bored and was lookin for a reason to take the guild back to tbc. So uh lol. I didn’t play in a guild with casuals by any stretch. I made so much gold off of just selling rocket boots p1 I could afford my raids np

1 Like

SoM2 im open to changes again, fresh vanilla needs to stay the same. That’s the appeal of it.

1 Like

yes, i don’t think era should change.
but any new fresh / SoM2 needs difficulty increases, and lots of em.